• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Biggest Mistake Tonight

Skippyjack said:
Builthjack said:
I don't care what anybody says. Grimes as Captain - Laughable. A totally one footed centre midfielder. Unheard of this day and age. Yet he is an idol to some on here. Wake up people.

Only now you realise.. he's here to stay though, which is our problem

I have said it for years Skip. My comments will be on the old site somewhere.

I still think there's a player in Grimes, he was great under Potter last season but like so many others this year he has regressed greatly. He's not a captain at the moment maybe this season will give him that bit more experience.

I think the naivety and the age of the squad showed when Ayew was down injured for a period of time in the second half and you could hear absolute silence on the pitch. Leaders at that point would of been trying to galvanise the group etc but no the camera panned on Cooper and he was just stood there.

I do fear for us next season and its quite obvious we will be using the loan market again. I don't think we have been so confused over a manager. Has he done a good job? Or do we have to thank the players.

Anyway big summer ahead.

Grimes is shouldering a burden he shouldn't be shouldering. He's not a captain by any stretch, but giving him the armband makes him undroppable, even when we have better options. Gallagher looked happier in the 20 minutes he had as a more central midfielder (the same position he shone in at Charlton) than he has all season at #10. Being prepared to drop Grimes deeper (or at all) could have accommodated that and allowed us to play a more traditional #10 like Celina or Dandha in that slot for more of the season. Our over reliance on him as a set piece taker has also been an issue. Rarely have I seen someone so mediocre at taking set pieces be so consistently entrusted with them.

He's not a bad player, but our use of him as if he were a great one has done nobody any favours, him or the team.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back