• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Brazilian takeover

• Thread starter Risc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 42
  • Views: Views 6,701
Richard said:
The Supporters Trust and the club reach a settlement and now we hear news of a potential takeover. Coincidence? That is for you to decide.

Zero coincidence, they got brought.

It makes sense for the Americans to be selling. They have not enjoyed their ownership, and whilst they have managed to reduce their losses by taking profit I suspect they have gone as far as they can with that. It looks like a good time for them to get out. Sooner or later you have to cut your losses on a bad investment. No playoffs this season is the killer I think.

I can see how Rodrigues might be able to make money from running the Swans - essentially find young quality players who are not visible outside Brazil, put them into the Swans for visibility and increase value, then sell their contract into the PL. Might work, but yes this probably just silly season.

Richard said:
The Supporters Trust and the club reach a settlement and now we hear news of a potential takeover. Coincidence? That is for you to decide.

They’ve probably been kept completely in the dark about it. Again.

Then again, the Trust will approve of that because it’s the way they themselves roll these days.

Swanseaborn said:
In the next two weeks we will already be able to put to the entire Brazilian press the information about the acquisition of Swansea, an issue that will make many people change their minds. What we can say is that we are available to start the rite in a professional, transparent and ethical way with Clube do Remo. It is enough that it is favourable," he assures.

This is the business that he’s involved in, reminds me of some of the ‘iffy’ betting companies we’ve had as sponsors over recent years:
https://www.vlgolddubai.com/

People who buy 'gold'. Do you know there is twice as much 'gold' that people have bought from brokers that is held on their behalf than actual gold existing in the world?

RodgerTheDodger said:
Swanseaborn said:
In the next two weeks we will already be able to put to the entire Brazilian press the information about the acquisition of Swansea, an issue that will make many people change their minds. What we can say is that we are available to start the rite in a professional, transparent and ethical way with Clube do Remo. It is enough that it is favourable," he assures.

This is the business that he’s involved in, reminds me of some of the ‘iffy’ betting companies we’ve had as sponsors over recent years:
https://www.vlgolddubai.com/

People who buy 'gold'. Do you know there is twice as much 'gold' that people have bought from brokers that is held on their behalf than actual gold existing in the world?

https://youtu.be/7IQE62Vn4_U

I’m sure I just read he’s worth $1.5m.

Our players have more dough ffs 😂😂

I have a really really really bad feeling about this. Has a whiff of Petty about it all.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SwanseaCityLive/status/1527665839595474946

Swansea93 said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/SwanseaCityLive/status/1527665839595474946

I don't think there's much in it, but 'sources' not an official denial. Most likely lazy journalism and wording, but no mention that no contact has been made

The quotes from the article

Swansea City have dismissed a Brazilian businessman's claims he is close to completing a takeover of the club.I

But Swansea sources have told WalesOnline that this is not the case.

But these claims are believed to be extremely wide of the mark with cold water poured over them by Swansea sources.

Cutting edge stuff from Wales Online again 😂

RodgerTheDodger said:
It makes sense for the Americans to be selling. They have not enjoyed their ownership, and whilst they have managed to reduce their losses by taking profit I suspect they have gone as far as they can with that. It looks like a good time for them to get out. Sooner or later you have to cut your losses on a bad investment. No playoffs this season is the killer I think.

I can see how Rodrigues might be able to make money from running the Swans - essentially find young quality players who are not visible outside Brazil, put them into the Swans for visibility and increase value, then sell their contract into the PL. Might work, but yes this probably just silly season.

We can't sign players from Brazil unless they're internationals etc as they won't get a work permit. Brexit has also put the kibosh on signing Brazilians etc that have dual nationality / passports of an European nation such as Portugal.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back