• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Brighton and West Brom lining up a late swoop for Swansea forward Andre Ayew

Richard

First Team Player
Reaction score
Swansea forward Andre Ayew is emerging as a late target for a host of Premier League clubs ahead of Friday's domestic transfer deadline. The Ghana captain is interesting a host of top-flight teams - including West Brom and Brighton.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8830841/Brighton-West-Brom-lining-late-swoop-Swansea-forward-Andre-Ayew.html

It’s hard to argue against getting Ayew off the books but the timing could be disastrous unless we’re lining up someone to come in and the deal can be done in time.

Ah well that's that then.

Rodon and Ayew gone will leave us perilously weak

Add interest in Grimes.
Cooper back from Newport would see us with a decent but weaker back three but every time I see Rodon go down I expect. three month injury!
Can't really moan about Ayew leaving given the wages and we have a number of players who could take his position but, let's be honest the bloke is quality, not his value.
And Grimes, played well this season, but in Smith we have a similar player of higher quality.
Given the loss of income, take the money, keep on trucking until January, pick up real bargains.

It may work ok if we could get Wilson on loan, think that's little more than a pipedream but it has to be EFL for him or Russia now.

If we got Piggott, Wilson on loan and CCV for Rodon and Ayew, would we be happy?

A4Jack said:

And Cooper will probably walk away, and who could blame him ...

Badlands said:
Swanjaxs said:

Blame him! I'd drive him.

You need to give it a break. I'm not a fan of his, but he's in this with us now. At least he's fighting to keep a squad together and gets results

Swanjaxs said:
A4Jack said:

Yup unless we do have backups ready to come in.

When did a manager last walk and forfeit his payoff?

I can’t see it happening.

J_B said:
It’s hard to argue against getting Ayew off the books but the timing could be disastrous unless we’re lining up someone to come in and the deal can be done in time.

Always thought Lowe was the potential replacement for Ayew

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back