• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Celina

So virtually the same team that drew with WBA , could have won at Fulham, deserved at least a draw against Leeds, clinched a play off place and deservedly beat Brentford in the first leg, has suddenly become a bunch of misfits and no hopes and has been?
Had they won last night they'd have all been lauded about.
Cooper started with the wrong team and tactically game them an invite to put us to the sword.
It was Cooper who brought Ayew and Routledge back in and even Baston early on.

If Gallagher comes back I'd be having him and Grimes as the DMs then Celina in the number 10, on his day he's great but looks like his time is up.

Swansea93 said:
If Gallagher comes back I'd be having him and Grimes as the DMs then Celina in the number 10, on his day he's great but looks like his time is up.
I agree he can be a great player, just lost his way with us.
If it was all down to Cooper then more of the players would fail to respond.

How can you blame Cooper when he more or less had the job because of his superb coaching of youngsters. I have watched and have been impressed with the way the youngsters responded after the break, yes they make mistakes and miss a leader on the pitch sometimes but Celina can only blame himself i have defended him as i think he could be sensational in this league but HE has blown it and looks like he wants out.

KrunchyKarrot said:
How can you blame Cooper when he more or less had the job because of his superb coaching of youngsters. I have watched and have been impressed with the way the youngsters responded after the break, yes they make mistakes and miss a leader on the pitch sometimes but Celina can only blame himself i have defended him as i think he could be sensational in this league but HE has blown it and looks like he wants out.

Yet strangely looked up for it when he came on last night, I was convinced he was going to get an unlikely equaliser, and if Brewster had played him in late on, when he was completely open in the box, he might have done so 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’ve seen lots of arguments on here about whether he’s a 10 or not, but for me he offers a genuine threat from the left wing, I find him too lightweight and brushed off the ball too easily at 10 😕
Let’s hope he stays and Coops can get more out of him next season 🤷🏻‍♂️

Wonder if he could play in Ayew's role as a deeper lying striker? If they stick with the 5-2-1-2 that's going to be a huge hole even if Brewster returns. Celina actually played pretty well as a false 9 for Potter a few times.

But more likely gone.

It was interesting to hear McCarthy's comments on Celina last night, from his time at Ipswich. He said he's better out wide left when he can cut in on his right foot, and that he tends to get lost when he plays in the 10 position. I'm no fan of McCarthy but I think he was spot on. So that's McCarthy, Potter and Cooper who think he's better out wide left.

mrploppy said:
It was interesting to hear McCarthy's comments on Celina last night, from his time at Ipswich. He said he's better out wide left when he can cut in on his right foot, and that he tends to get lost when he plays in the 10 position. I'm no fan of McCarthy but I think he was spot on. So that's McCarthy, Potter and Cooper who think he's better out wide left.
I was thinking the same, 3 of his managers who see him in training every day have all come to the same conclusion.
He's talented but doesn't produce often enough

Produced plenty for Ipswich under McCarthy and Swansea under Potter.

It's only Cooper who has failed to get a tune out of him, as he has with every other player in the squad suited to an expansive, attacking style.

Dr. Winston said:

It's only Cooper who has failed to get a tune out of him, as he has with every other player in the squad suited to an expansive, attacking style.

Something's definitely up with Celina - his good performances have been getting fewer and fewer. You can blame Cooper if you like, but at some point a player has to look at himself. Maybe Celina thinks he's a number 10, but he definitely isn't.

Out of curiosity, who else has Cooper "failed to get a tune out of"?

mrploppy said:

Pick any wide player in the squad. None of them have had a prayer of doing well in the way we've been set up to play most of the season, and in the way they've all been in and out of the side. No doubt there will be those (as with Celina) who think the players themselves are entirely at fault, but that makes about as much sense as blaming Leon Britton for not standing out in a Neil Warnock team would be.

You could also point at Connor Gallagher absolutely shining in a central midfield role for a poor Charlton team yet spending almost all of his time for us being less effective (although still chipping in with assists) at #10. Square pegs, round holes.

mrploppy said:
Dr. Winston said:

Something's definitely up with Celina - his good performances have been getting fewer and fewer. You can blame Cooper if you like, but at some point a player has to look at himself. Maybe Celina thinks he's a number 10, but he definitely isn't.

Byers immediately comes to mind. He’s gone backwards since the end of last season.

Celina, for whatever reason, has been absolutely rank since scoring that worldy against Citeh last season in the FA Cup.

Best all round if he gets another club, definitely a quality footballer in there somewhere 👌

KrunchyKarrot said:

He did very little coaching of players aged 18 and none with over 18 teams at Liverpool.
He did not bring on talent to senior levels.
With England he took ready made players and produced a team - he had success.
After the break our players were an improvement on what we'd seen but they were also very good in September. The longer Cooper has had our youths the poorer they have performed. Add that to his apparent inability to inspire players and general team / game management performances and I can not see why anyone is optimistic for the Swans with this manager.

Badlands said:
KrunchyKarrot said:

He did very little coaching of players aged 18 and none with over 18 teams at Liverpool.
He did not bring on talent to senior levels.
With England he took ready made players and produced a team - he had success.
After the break our players were an improvement on what we'd seen but they were also very good in September. The longer Cooper has had our youths the poorer they have performed. Add that to his apparent inability to inspire players and general team / game management performances and I can not see why anyone is optimistic for the Swans with this manager.

Because we are hoping and praying he will learn by his mistakes and grow.

Without stripping away and analysing every decision hes made ateotd hes got us to 6th place and very close to a play off final.

I along with quite a few Jacks will be looking forward to who he brings in for next season.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back