• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Chicago Rock/,Hogarths?

Swanjaxs said:
What was it before Retro?

Been trying to think all about St Mary street, since you asked the first question, ferk knows it's all very vague. Even a google does not help me.. I don't know, I seem to remember that the time you are talking about, all the nightlife, pubs and clubs were towards the kingsway side?

Edit: Saying that, just thinking when did the wind street become popular? I can't remember, at a guess mid to late 90s, vague recollection of going to the cross keys in the 90's, but I'm sure it was always a trek back to the Kingsway then.

jack123 said:
Been trying to think all about St Mary street, since you asked the first question, ferk knows it's all very vague. Even a google does not help me.. I don't know, I seem to remember that the time you are talking about, all the nightlife, pubs and clubs were towards the kingsway side?

Edit: Saying that, just thinking when did the wind street become popular? I can't remember, at a guess mid to late 90s, vague recollection of going to the cross keys in the 90's, but I'm sure it was always a trek back to the Kingsway then.

Someone has asked me what Hogaths was about 20 years ago, traced it back to Retro (thanks Steve) but struggling to think what it was called before that?
Was it even a bar before Retro??? 🤔

I thought Retro was on the corner opposite Varcity? Wasn’t the old post office club down by Hogarths?

Hunnymonster said:
I thought Retro was on the corner opposite Varcity? Wasn’t the old post office club down by Hogarths?

The post office club was on the Kingsway HM

TheLoneRanger said:
It was originally the POEU club (Engineers), and the one on the Kingsway was the Postal.

Ahh rite, so basically Retro/Hogarths was the POEU club first LR?

TheLoneRanger said:
Yes, BUT it was upstairs over where Chicago Rock was, but I don't think there was any licensed premises under it.

Ahh got it 👍

Now you know what I'm going to ask next LR...
Anyone remember what the building used to be downstairs 🤔 🙈

Swanjaxs said:
Ahh got it 👍

Now you know what I'm going to ask next LR...
Anyone remember what the building used to be downstairs 🤔 🙈

The POEU club then finished up as the Q&R (busmen) club, with the Body Shop gym (I think) underneath both clubs - that then became Chicago Rock and they took over the whole building.

TheLoneRanger said:
The POEU club then finished up as the Q&R (busmen) club, with the Body Shop gym (I think) underneath both clubs - that then became Chicago Rock and they took over the whole building.

You are a legend LR!
I've sent a link to the lad who asked me about what was in place before Hogarths/Retro.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back