• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Countries you want to visit before you snuff it.....

Tummer said:
Ireland (both of them)
Scotland
Japan
Austria
Switzerland

Southern Ireland is very pretty, especially the South West coast.

BanosSwan said:
karnataka said:
Fair enough, you obviously can then but, fascinated though I would be, I think this would put me off

"Ukrainian officials have suggested that Pripyat will not be inhabitable for another 20,000 years. Whether or not you consider any possible impact on your health to be worth the risk of proximity will depend on how much you want to see a place that has become not just a time capsule but a remnant of the Cold War era beyond the scope of anything that can be created in a museum."

I am quite interested in abandoned towns but for that reason, Pripyat wouldn't be as high on my list as places like Belchite (Spain) ,Craco (Italy) or Epecuén (Argentina) and I will probably visit the first 2 of those in the next few years when I'm in the area.

Apparently you're exposed to more radiation on the flight over.

Ah, something else to give you that warm glow then! 🤗🤗🤗🤣🤣🤣

Tummer said:
Ireland (both of them)
Scotland
Japan
Austria
Switzerland

The West coast of Scotland is stunning further up Tummer, you'd love it. Start or end in Edinburgh, the golf isn't bad either if you play.

Have you done the Southwest national parks ? Incredible scenery, we started at the Grand Canyon and then did Monument Valley, Moab for Arches, Canyonlands and Dead Horse Point before going to Page for Lake Powell, Big Bend and the Antelope slot canyons and finally Zion NP before finishing off in Vegas. A fantastic experience, every day had something special and most people would recognise many of the locations.

FieryJack said:
Tummer said:
Ireland (both of them)
Scotland
Japan
Austria
Switzerland

I'm assuming you've already been to Wales?

Yes - from Dec 24-27, 2015. We came to see the Swans play West Brom. Then we spent Dec 28-Jan 3 in London and Manchester to go to two more Swans fixtures. Best trip ever. My Avatar is a pic of me (in red/black Swans shirt) and my better half with someone we met at a pub on Wind Street on Christmas Eve (pub was Jack Murphy's maybe?). Wish I remember the guys name.

WxmJax said:
Tummer said:
Ireland (both of them)
Scotland
Japan
Austria
Switzerland

The West coast of Scotland is stunning further up Tummer, you'd love it. Start or end in Edinburgh, the golf isn't bad either if you play.

Have you done the Southwest national parks ? Incredible scenery, we started at the Grand Canyon and then did Monument Valley, Moab for Arches, Canyonlands and Dead Horse Point before going to Page for Lake Powell, Big Bend and the Antelope slot canyons and finally Zion NP before finishing off in Vegas. A fantastic experience, every day had something special and most people would recognise many of the locations.
I've been to Grand Canyon twice - first time was on a long driving trip from San Antonio to the California coast, and we went to the South Rim of the GC after stopping in Las Vegas. The South Rim is amazing, no photos can really capture it. Second time was a helicopter trip from Vegas, which was great but didn't take us to a part that was quite as spectacular as the view from the South Rim.

Embarrassed to admit I've never been to any of the others. Big Bend is considered arguable the most beautiful spot in Texas, but it's kinda out of the way. Still plan on camping there someday. Would also love to see many of the others you listed; I've been to Utah several times but it was always to go skiing (best snow and trails in the USA IMO).

Japan
South America
Norwegian Fjords cruise
Niagara Falls
African safari

WxmJax said:

Am I missing something? Edinburgh's on the East Coast, is it not?

Tummer said:
WxmJax said:

I've been to Grand Canyon twice - first time was on a long driving trip from San Antonio to the California coast, and we went to the South Rim of the GC after stopping in Las Vegas. The South Rim is amazing, no photos can really capture it. Second time was a helicopter trip from Vegas, which was great but didn't take us to a part that was quite as spectacular as the view from the South Rim.

Embarrassed to admit I've never been to any of the others. Big Bend is considered arguable the most beautiful spot in Texas, but it's kinda out of the way. Still plan on camping there someday. Would also love to see many of the others you listed; I've been to Utah several times but it was always to go skiing (best snow and trails in the USA IMO).

How many big bend are there ? I meant the one near Page Az that's always on some type of screenshot for Microsoft or Samsung. I took someone's picture while they stood on the edge of the huge drop and was scared just taking it.
I fancy visiting Galveston just because of the song, even though I know it's about Vietnam. I remember seeing you at Old Trafford for the cup win but never got to speak to you. Maybe next time.

WxmJax said:
Tummer said:

How many big bend are there ? I meant the one near Page Az that's always on some type of screenshot for Microsoft or Samsung. I took someone's picture while they stood on the edge of the huge drop and was scared just taking it.
I fancy visiting Galveston just because of the song, even though I know it's about Vietnam. I remember seeing you at Old Trafford for the cup win but never got to speak to you. Maybe next time.
Big Bend National Park is where the Rio Grande "bends" in West Texas.

https://www.nps.gov/bibe/index.htm
bibe-tx-map.jpg

Much of West Texas is pretty bleak, but BB is supposed to be really beautiful.

Tummer said:
WxmJax said:
Big Bend National Park is where the Rio Grande "bends" in West Texas.

https://www.nps.gov/bibe/index.htm
bibe-tx-map.jpg

Much of West Texas is pretty bleak, but BB is supposed to be really beautiful.

Big Bend National Park...

Sounds a bit dodgy to me 👀

West Coast of America
Sri Lanka - Was due to go next month
Mexico
Japan
Russia

Highly recommend South Africa and India.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back