• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Crash Detectives BBC1

Jack2jack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Anyone been watching this series?
Tough watch, but a must watch for anyone who thinks it's ok, to drink/drug drive or use a hand held device whilst driving. Sobering to say the least.

Jack2jack said:
Anyone been watching this series?
Tough watch, but a must watch for anyone who thinks it's ok, to drink/drug drive or use a hand held device whilst driving. Sobering to say the least.

Awful case tonight,twat should be put to sleep.

Brilliant series, tonight's episode was extremely harrowing.

9 years for that, makes you fucking sick.

Neath_Jack said:
Brilliant series, tonight's episode was extremely harrowing.

9 years for that, makes you f*****g sick.
Indeed, couldn't agree more.

The mum that was hurt, I believe, has recently had another child.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-67218612

Muteswan said:
The mum that was hurt, I believe, has recently had another child.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-67218612

I remember the incident and subsequently reading about some of the facts after his Court case. This article provides a lot more detail about the case and what’s happened is sickening, not blaming the judge as he’s got guidelines to work too, but how on earth do we as a country allow someone like this to only have 9 years in the slammer. Previous convictions for drink drive and using a phone, and then he’s made 37 call, streaming beeps, twice the limit and got drugs in his system.

Thank you for that post J2J, I have watched a good few episodes of this on the I Player, and I must admit it's scary! Not going to say I will conform to the WG guidance of 20mph, but ferking hell, I definitely want to kick my boy racer boots off after watching the series.

Edit: Sorry, going back to the episode with the painter from Neath, I think he should have life.. It was a pretty dismal excuse, was too hungover for work in Leicester, so instead decided to drive home to Neath instead..

Due to the amount of phone calls they said incoming/outcoming, I have a feeling there was some sort of domestic going on, which obviously we are in the dark about.

jack123 said:
Thank you for that post J2J, I have watched a good few episodes of this on the I Player, and I must admit it's scary! Not going to say I will conform to the WG guidance of 20mph, but ferking hell, I definitely want to kick my boy racer boots off after watching the series.

Edit: Sorry, going back to the episode with the painter from Neath, I think he should have life.. It was a pretty dismal excuse, was too hungover for work in Leicester, so instead decided to drive home to Neath instead..

Due to the amount of phone calls they said incoming/outcoming, I have a feeling there was some sort of domestic going on, which obviously we are in the dark about.
I was amazed at the amount of post crash data, they can extract from the airbag module, incredible. What with CCTV/ dashcam footage and mobile phone records, the odds of getting away with anything are pretty much stacked against the driver.

Jack2jack said:
I was amazed at the amount of post crash data, they can extract from the airbag module, incredible. What with CCTV/ dashcam footage and mobile phone records, the odds of getting away with anything are pretty much stacked against the driver.

Yes.

Although one thing made me think, that there is no real time monitoring of poor driving, especially on a motorway, I watched a good few episodes, so I can't be sure, but I think it's the drunk driver from Neath, who killed those 2 young kids, when they studied the footage from his journey prior to the crash, he was all over the shop, veering all over, and also really bad tailgating. Surely there should be some sort of AI software around by now, to recognise normal driving, compared to bad?

jack123 said:
Yes.

Although one thing made me think, that there is no real time monitoring of poor driving, especially on a motorway, I watched a good few episodes, so I can't be sure, but I think it's the drunk driver from Neath, who killed those 2 young kids, when they studied the footage from his journey prior to the crash, he was all over the shop, veering all over, and also really bad tailgating. Surely there should be some sort of AI software around by now, to recognise normal driving, compared to bad?
I guess the closest thing atm is one of those black box things that insurance companies use for young drivers, I suppose all manufacturers could fit them to all cars at little cost, I'm sure it wont be long before all cars are fitted with some device or other.

Jack2jack said:
I guess the closest thing atm is one of those black box things that insurance companies use for young drivers, I suppose all manufacturers could fit them to all cars at little cost, I'm sure it wont be long before all cars are fitted with some device or other.

Hmm maybe, I think that's a good few years away yet. That definitely seems like big brother is watching you way to go?

Those black boxes from what I researched into them, looked pretty harsh. It was a about 4 or 5 years ago, when I was looking into them, due to one of my children passing their test, and I read of a good few cancellations of insurance, for silly reasons, when IIRC the box was wrong, put me right off, I advised my child to pay the extra money for the non box insurance.

jack123 said:
Hmm maybe, I think that's a good few years away yet. That definitely seems like big brother is watching you way to go?

Those black boxes from what I researched into them, looked pretty harsh. It was a about 4 or 5 years ago, when I was looking into them, due to one of my children passing their test, and I read of a good few cancellations of insurance, for silly reasons, when IIRC the box was wrong, put me right off, I advised my child to pay the extra money for the non box insurance.
I was talking to a colleague in work this week about her sons insurance, mind boggling, in the end they went black boxless and third party, still cost over 2 grand.🥴

Jack2jack said:
I was talking to a colleague in work this week about her sons insurance, mind boggling, in the end they went black boxless and third party, still cost over 2 grand.🥴

Wow, makes you think total costs for a young driver to get on the road these days?

If you're colleagues son is living in Wales, it must be absolutely horrific, to be monitored on every journey, doing sub 20mph, with a long queue of frustrated drivers behind, but of course he has no choice.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back