• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Decent start for the Swans

1964white

Reserve Team Player
Reaction score
Good start for your lads

Two wins & a draw
Three clean sheets
3rd in the table

Are your performances as good as last season or better?

Looking more solid with our 5 at the back with wingbacks getting forward. MGW looks a very good signing in the middle with Smith and Lowe.

Probably need a striker to give us a very strong X1

Absolutely, had a fantastic start to last season but could easily have lost our first 5 games, this season we look a solid outfit

Ringwood Jack said:
Looking more solid with our 5 at the back with wingbacks getting forward. MGW looks a very good signing in the middle with Smith and Lowe.

Indeed a great start, a striker and cooper trusting his subs and we could stay in the mix for some time.

The league is even more open this season with leeds and west brom gone, all depends if the relegated sides gets to grips with the rough and tumble of championship football.

Fireboy said:
Ringwood Jack said:

Indeed a great start, a striker and cooper trusting his subs and we could stay in the mix for some time.

The league is even more open this season with leeds and west brom gone, all depends if the relegated sides gets to grips with the rough and tumble of championship football.
Good opportunity for the Swans to shine this season Fireboy.

Watford & Bournemouth have started well, Brentford will come good
Delia is trying to sell Norwich's best players, we're heavily linked with Todd Cantwell
That lot down the road from you haven't started well :D
Forest, Derby & Sheff Wed filling three of the bottom four places on zero points :lol:

Too early to call yet!

Swanjaxs said:
Absolutely, had a fantastic start to last season but could easily have lost our first 5 games, this season we look a solid outfit
Nice to hear :)

1964white said:
Fireboy said:

Delia is trying to sell Norwich's best players, we're heavily linked with Todd Cantwell
Forest, Derby & Sheff Wed filling three of the bottom four places on zero points :lol:

Too early to call yet!

Aye the opportunity is there 1964 but we definitely need a striker to give cooper another option in changing formation just to mix things up, he also (as has been mentioned countless times) needs to use his subs more often, these players need game time to get upto speed which in turn will help us stay in the top 6.

Decent start by your lot btw, i think you will definitely finish in the top half.

Fireboy said:
1964white said:

Too early to call yet!

Aye the opportunity is there 1964 but we definitely need a striker to give cooper another option in changing formation just to mix things up, he also (as has been mentioned countless times) needs to use his subs more often, these players need game time to get upto speed which in turn will help us stay in the top 6.

Decent start by your lot btw, i think you will definitely finish in the top half.

Problem is decent strikers cost money. Will you keep Ayew? I hope he stays!

Is Cooper the right man for the job? I suppose he'll only prove that he is if he keeps the Swans in the top six

Over the moon with our start & our style of play, we've made some quality signings too who need game time to settle in. Always believed we'd do well whilst we have Bielsa, even though many opposition fans said we'll come straight back down. Fulham & West Brom were & still are my predicted teams to suffer that fate

1964white said:
Fireboy said:

Problem is decent strikers cost money. Will you keep Ayew? I hope he stays!

Is Cooper the right man for the job? I suppose he'll only prove that he is if he keeps the Swans in the top six

Over the moon with our start & our style of play, we've made some quality signings too who need game time to settle in. Always believed we'd do well whilst we have Bielsa, even though many opposition fans said we'll come straight back down. Fulham & West Brom were & still are my predicted teams to suffer that fate

If Fulham & WBA continue to ship goals like they have in their first 3 games, they're definitely doomed. 21 between them in 6 games. Oh, dear!

1964white said:
Good start for your lads

Two wins & a draw
Three clean sheets
3rd in the table

Better system & formation and much stronger defensively but still very much a work in progress further up the pitch, nothing a good CF & a bit of CB cover wouldn’t fix but still very early to get too excited.

Your lot should be a good watch & if you do finally get DJ worth keeping an eye on too - have to say I thought putting the ball in the net, with Bamford being your CF, might have been your challenge but looking good so far.

Thornburyswan said:
1964white said:
Good start for your lads

Two wins & a draw
Three clean sheets
3rd in the table

Better system & formation and much stronger defensively but still very much a work in progress further up the pitch, nothing a good CF & a bit of CB cover wouldn’t fix but still very early to get too excited.

Your lot should be a good watch & if you do finally get DJ worth keeping an eye on too - have to say I thought putting the ball in the net, with Bamford being your CF, might have been your challenge but looking good so far.
Us Leeds fans thought the same :lol:

Would be ironic if we signed James after the fiasco last time we attempted to sign him, not forgetting we are still in the hunt for Michael Cuisance or Rodrigo De Paul, either would be a top class signing

Hopefully you'll get the CF & CB cover required before the transfer deadline closes on the 5th October

1964white said:
Thornburyswan said:

Us Leeds fans thought the same :lol:

Would be ironic if we signed James after the fiasco last time we attempted to sign him, not forgetting we are still in the hunt for Michael Cuisance or Rodrigo De Paul, either would be a top class signing

Hopefully you'll get the CF & CB cover required before the transfer deadline closes on the 5th October

Cheers - we get a bit more time as window reopens for the EFL clubs until the 16th.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back