• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Do you have a preference over player colour?

Where did she say there was something wrong with being white? She’s merely saying it should be representative which going by the demographics of England should mean 3 or 4 non-white players in the starting 11. The flip side is would she say it’s not white enough if there were 6 or 7 non white players. She probably wouldn’t, but plenty of people like this guy would be making that point, and pushing it quite vociferously, so that’s a kind of balance I guess.

For me, starting to try and match any national team with the demographics of that country could well be a slippery old slope. As positive as it is to have minorities there to show other people from that minority what they could potentially achieve.

Jacket said:
Where did she say there was something wrong with being white? She’s merely saying it should be representative which going by the demographics of England should mean 3 or 4 non-white players in the starting 11. The flip side is would she say it’s not white enough if there were 6 or 7 non white players. She probably wouldn’t, but plenty of people like this guy would be making that point, and pushing it quite vociferously, so that’s a kind of balance I guess.

For me, starting to try and match any national team with the demographics of that country could well be a slippery old slope. As positive as it is to have minorities there to show other people from that minority what they could potentially achieve.

I can’t understand the relevance of her comments?
Whoever picked the team can’t be criticised if they won the game which was the main and only objective surely?

Bit of cherry-picking there by the gammon who tweeted about it. It was the intro to a piece by Alex Scott about diversity in women's football in England. I haven't watched the piece, but I imagine it was about how easy/difficult it is for women of colour to get into the sport and what could be done to make it more inclusive.

Nothing wrong with that. It was efforts to deal with racism and promote access for everyone that has taken the men's game from having the first black England international in 1978 to now, where there were 11 non-white players in the most recent squad.

Funny to see the gammons not giving us the full picture, they hate it when someone like Trump is treated that way...

I quite like Rob Green, but prefer Dennis Violet. I'm not so keen on Michael Brown or Norman Whiteside.

We must be able to put a team out, there is also Wes Brown, Tony Brown and Ron Greenwood as manager.

Clayton Blackmore
Norman Whiteside
Gary Teale
Dexter Blackstock
Chris White
Michael Brown
Michael Grey
Kingsley Black
Danny Rose
Andy Gray

Oh this sh*t is going too far now. A lack of diversity? They won the game 8-0 for f*ck sake. Would they rather they field a team of players of black/Asian descent who may not be as good as those who played? As a manager, a fan or a player, you want your team picked on quality, not the colour of their skin just to keep the PC police happy. Would she have mentioned anything if the starting 11 and 5 subs were all black? Absolutely not, the world is going mad and I want no part of it.

The manager selects the best team available irrespective of anything else.

The issue of access to organised football for young black girls is a very valid one but separate one. Of course, one feeds the other.

FelindreJack said:
Oh this sh*t is going too far now. A lack of diversity? They won the game 8-0 for f*ck sake. Would they rather they field a team of players of black/Asian descent who may not be as good as those who played? As a manager, a fan or a player, you want your team picked on quality, not the colour of their skin just to keep the PC police happy. Would she have mentioned anything if the starting 11 and 5 subs were all black? Absolutely not, the world is going mad and I want no part of it.

Not what was being said at all mate.

As long as they wear the white of the Swans (or orange in case of the away kit) with pride then I don't give two shits if our player is white, black, blue, green or pink with yellow polka dots.

Saying that though I don't care either when it comes to any person.

JackSomething said:
FelindreJack said:

Not what was being said at all mate.

What is being said then? What was the point in bringing up that every player was white? They wouldn’t have done it if they were all black, so why do it because they’re white? What are they trying to achieve?

(Not having a go at you btw, I think it’s just uncalled for, it’s like they WANT to create a problem that isn’t there)

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back