• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Do you have a preference over player colour?

FelindreJack said:
JackSomething said:
Not what was being said at all mate.

What is being said then? What was the point in bringing up that every player was white? They wouldn’t have done it if they were all black, so why do it because they’re white? What are they trying to achieve?

(Not having a go at you btw, I think it’s just uncalled for, it’s like they WANT to create a problem that isn’t there)

No worries at all, I'd have issues myself with players being picked for anything other than footballing reasons.

See my response earlier in the thread. It was the intro to a piece by Alex Scott, presumably talking about getting more non-white women involved in football. Trying to make women's football more inclusive, not less.

JackSomething said:
FelindreJack said:
What is being said then? What was the point in bringing up that every player was white? They wouldn’t have done it if they were all black, so why do it because they’re white? What are they trying to achieve?

(Not having a go at you btw, I think it’s just uncalled for, it’s like they WANT to create a problem that isn’t there)

No worries at all, I'd have issues myself with players being picked for anything other than footballing reasons.

See my response earlier in the thread. It was the intro to a piece by Alex Scott, presumably talking about getting more non-white women involved in football. Trying to make women's football more inclusive, not less.

That’s fair enough, I’m not clued up on the state of grassroots football in the UK enough to really comment on it. Obviously, as a white male, I wouldn’t understand the difficulties black/Asian women face getting in to football or why they face these difficulties. Would it be nice to see more minorities in football? Of course it would, so long as when it comes to the professional game, the squads are picked on the quality of the player, not to be inclusive and to not offend anyone, that’s the point I’m trying to make. Maybe the clip cut short like that makes it look worse than what it actually is.

Darran said:
https://twitter.com/nhpukofficial/status/1547299919698055172?s=21&t=3oLV-8QtHCijerVSGMKnOg

The guy who tweeted that is batshit crazy. Another nazi goon.

Darran said:
https://twitter.com/nhpukofficial/status/1547299919698055172?s=21&t=3oLV-8QtHCijerVSGMKnOg

FelindreJack said:
JackSomething said:

That’s fair enough, I’m not clued up on the state of grassroots football in the UK enough to really comment on it. Obviously, as a white male, I wouldn’t understand the difficulties black/Asian women face getting in to football or why they face these difficulties. Would it be nice to see more minorities in football? Of course it would, so long as when it comes to the professional game, the squads are picked on the quality of the player, not to be inclusive and to not offend anyone, that’s the point I’m trying to make. Maybe the clip cut short like that makes it look worse than what it actually is.

So just to check, despite not being clued up on the women’s game your reaction was:

“ Oh this sh*t is going too far now. A lack of diversity? They won the game 8-0 for f*ck sake. Would they rather they field a team of players of black/Asian descent who may not be as good as those who played? As a manager, a fan or a player, you want your team picked on quality, not the colour of their skin just to keep the PC police happy. Would she have mentioned anything if the starting 11 and 5 subs were all black? Absolutely not, the world is going mad and I want no part of it.”

The issue she raises is presumably something to do with the historic problems with racism in the England women’s set up and the effect that perhaps has on young kids wanting to start playing.
Given the racial profile of players in the men’s game, the fact that the women’s game is dominated by white players is presumably due to some sort of difference in the way it’s structured. It may be that the game is more centred around the middle classes than the men’s game (which would have an effect in the numbers of people playing from a minority ethnic background) or it may be that young girls of minority ethnic background are not being encouraged at a young age so don’t progress through the ranks.
Whatever it is, and even if it’s simply an anomaly, to assume that a leading player of the women’s game has comments which should be dismissed so contemptuously by someone who, in their own words, knows nothing about it, is ridiculous.
Fed up of hearing about the ‘PC police’ to be honest. Oh, and if the team was all black there would be many on here and elsewhere that would reckon it was because the6 were being selected due to positive discrimination rather than talent. That would again, be ‘PC gone mad’.

Londonlisa2001 said:
FelindreJack said:

So just to check, despite not being clued up on the women’s game your reaction was:

“ Oh this sh*t is going too far now. A lack of diversity? They won the game 8-0 for f*ck sake. Would they rather they field a team of players of black/Asian descent who may not be as good as those who played? As a manager, a fan or a player, you want your team picked on quality, not the colour of their skin just to keep the PC police happy. Would she have mentioned anything if the starting 11 and 5 subs were all black? Absolutely not, the world is going mad and I want no part of it.”

The issue she raises is presumably something to do with the historic problems with racism in the England women’s set up and the effect that perhaps has on young kids wanting to start playing.
Given the racial profile of players in the men’s game, the fact that the women’s game is dominated by white players is presumably due to some sort of difference in the way it’s structured. It may be that the game is more centred around the middle classes than the men’s game (which would have an effect in the numbers of people playing from a minority ethnic background) or it may be that young girls of minority ethnic background are not being encouraged at a young age so don’t progress through the ranks.
Whatever it is, and even if it’s simply an anomaly, to assume that a leading player of the women’s game has comments which should be dismissed so contemptuously by someone who, in their own words, knows nothing about it, is ridiculous.
Fed up of hearing about the ‘PC police’ to be honest. Oh, and if the team was all black there would be many on here and elsewhere that would reckon it was because the6 were being selected due to positive discrimination rather than talent. That would again, be ‘PC gone mad’.

The demographic is an interesting question-perhaps more akin to the US game which is far more middle-class? It's not as if there have never been black players, but given the mens squad at first glance it is a little surprising. I have not seen the Alex Scott piece but can imagine in some groups it would be hard to get girls into competitive sport.

Professor said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

The demographic is an interesting question-perhaps more akin to the US game which is far more middle-class? It's not as if there have never been black players, but given the mens squad at first glance it is a little surprising. I have not seen the Alex Scott piece but can imagine in some groups it would be hard to get girls into competitive sport.

I suspect it’s more middle class than the men’s game. Or certainly was when this group started. And there was a problem a few years ago with the coach being accused of racism by a player and then other players taking his side. I remember one of them apologising after the event as he was eventually found to have been up to other stuff as well from memory.

Ebo said:
Darran said:

Always seems to be the ones with the Union Jack's in the Twitter bio causing division

A woman talking about race and football on the BBC? That’s going to upset some of our clubs biggest hams.

A football manager has 1 job.
To win games.
They pick the players who can play the system they think can win.

I understand the diversity mention, but isn't that an issue for society to deal with?
Or should we just do things based on colour rather than the best?

Starting with school and education.
A major role to play.

Education to races and religions about lasses being equal to blokes in most things.
In some things, better, not being inferior across the board.

Like others have said, colour has nothing to do with ability

Dewi1jack said:
To win games.

I understand the diversity mention, but isn't that an issue for society to deal with?

A major role to play.

Education to races and religions about lasses being equal to blokes in most things.

Spot on Dew.

Dewi1jack said:
To win games.

A major role to play.

I believe that's what this was all about Dewi. It was the intro to a piece about making it easier for women and girls to get into the sport at all levels. The gammons have made it out to be saying that the England manager needs to be picking more non-white players right now, which clearly would be silly. Don't fall for the usual gammon tricks.

But she didn't say that the team was "too White". Nor did she criticise the manager for picking that particular team of players.

She did say that the lack of Black players was obvious (which it was) and said that the FA should investigate why that was.

I really don't understand the problems that people have with her comment

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back