• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Do you remember the first record you bought?

exiledclaseboy said:
Skippyjack said:
A quick YouTube search is all that's needed.. Record users are the biggest snobs going, almost that essence of superiority over everyone on the planet about music

True that. Those who butcher other people’s tunes in covers bands are similar too.

The "niche" tw*ts who go to low rent gigs and think their musical tastes are the b*llocks grips my sh*t

Bought 2 lps with birthday money at David Evans store , Wishbone Ash and Stray , first albums for both bands , first records of my own , had always borrowed my cousins albums before that .

Darran said:
Best_loser said:
What the Fvck are you on about then ?

I meant to quote Mutey.

I just worked out what was going on. 🙄 No I didn’t see him there, I would have been 10 at the time.
I didn’t frequent the Ferry until I was about 17 🤔.

Skippyjack said:
A quick YouTube search is all that's needed.. Record users are the biggest snobs going, almost that essence of superiority over everyone on the planet about music

Some. Fair enough if you like old vinyl and it can be an enjoyable few minutes scouring through collections in boot sales or market stalls looking for something you’re missing or used to have, but the reissuing of albums on vinyl is bullshit. Albums recorded on the 90’s are being reissued from masters made for cd, so your getting heavily compressed digital recordings transferred on to an analogue format and anyone who says that sounds better is talking through their ringpiece.

Ever Fallen in Love by Buzzcocks

When did all of you buy your first record ?
When you were 18 ?
My first records were Ernie (Benny Hill ) , a Status Quo song ( Down Down I think ) and Clair by Gilbert O Sullivan. Then fast forward to 1975 ( 13 then) bought Venus and Mars by Wings ( not as good as Band On The Run but still good ) . Next albums I remember buying was Down To Earth ( Rainbow ) and Bat Out of Hell ( Meatloaf)

STID2017 said:
When you were 18 ?
My first records were Ernie (Benny Hill ) , a Status Quo song ( Down Down I think ) and Clair by Gilbert O Sullivan. Then fast forward to 1975 ( 13 then) bought Venus and Mars by Wings ( not as good as Band On The Run but still good ) . Next albums I remember buying was Down To Earth ( Rainbow ) and Bat Out of Hell ( Meatloaf)

Fair play, from Benny Hill to Meatloaf :lol:

Swanjaxs said:
STID2017 said:
When you were 18 ?

I know 😁
That is just my point though.
Either nobody on here bought a record until they were about 18 or they developed very sophisticated musical tastes while still in junior school.
I find both hard to believe.
Even the Quo was quite hard core for me at the age of about nine :D

STID2017 said:
Swanjaxs said:
I know 😁
That is just my point though.
Either nobody on here bought a record until they were about 18 or they developed very sophisticated musical tastes while still in junior school.
I find both hard to believe.
Even the Quo was quite hard core for me at the age of about nine :D

My first and only vinyl was the REO Speedwagon LP 😂
Don't ask me why but I joined the Britania music club, they used to send you the "album of the month" recommendation (I chose the tape option) you had 7 days to keep or return, I could never be bothered and ended up with about 80 albums ranging from Big Country to The Thompson Twins 🙈

Bought many albums ( on vinyl and cassette ) ranging from above through to Santana, Fleetwood Mac, Yes, Wishbone Ash

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back