• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Donald Trump indicted over attempts to overturn 2020 election result ...

TheLoneRanger

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
"Donald Trump has been charged with four counts after a grand jury examined his efforts to overturn the 2020 election result

Charges include conspiracy to defraud the United States and an attempt to obstruct an official proceeding

Special Counsel Jack Smith was appointed to oversee investigations into Trump, including his involvement in the 6 January riot which occurred while Congress was certifying Joe Biden's victory

Trump has been summoned to appear in court on Thursday in Washington DC before a judge

He already faces charges brought by Smith's team over alleged mishandling of classified documents in Florida

The former president also faces trial in New York City for falsifying business records in hush money payments to an adult film star."

"The indictment also lists six co-conspirators but does not name them."

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-08-01/donald-trump-lashes-out-as-he-says-he-expects-to-be-indicted

The fun continues. I wonder what the chances of him ending up behind bars really are?

karnataka said:
The fun continues. I wonder what the chances of him ending up behind bars really are?

There's something endearingly silly about a country in which you can't run for President unless you're a natural-born citizen of the US (Sorry Arnie), but you're free to do so as a convicted criminal as long as you were born there.

Not that we don't have our own quirks. You can't be an MP if you're bankrupt, but can be while in prison, as long as the sentence is less than a year.

Edited to say: I think there's almost zero chance he goes to prison even if found guilty in any/all of his cases.

JackSomething said:
There's something endearingly silly about a country in which you can't run for President unless you're a natural-born citizen of the US (Sorry Arnie), but you're free to do so as a convicted criminal as long as you were born there.

Not that we don't have our own quirks. You can't be an MP if you're bankrupt, but can be while in prison, as long as the sentence is less than a year.

Edited to say: I think there's almost zero chance he goes to prison even if found guilty in any/all of his cases.

A country even more f****d up than we are. Domestos Donnie will be president again there in 2024 (is it great again yet?), and pardon himself anyway.

JackSomething said:

I agree with your last sentence. I think the best we can hope for is for him to just slowly disappear off the political map and for the US population to calm down towards some sort of normality. It might take quite a while though because some of his supporters I've seen interviewed are in meltdown and so divorced from reality it's unbelievable.

karnataka said:
I agree with your last sentence. I think the best we can hope for is for him to just slowly disappear off the political map and for the US population to calm down towards some sort of normality. It might take quite a while though because some of his supporters I've seen interviewed are in meltdown and so divorced from reality it's unbelievable.

Things are so polarised that I don't know what will calm things down other than a disaster of some sort that will bring people together again. It's not great over here either, but the political divide over huge issues likes guns and abortion over there obviously makes things worse.

Plenty of other Republicans are lined up behind Trump to follow his approach once he's gone. So far none of them seem to have his popular appeal (DeSantis for example, who has the warmth of a dead fish), but I'm sure some will emerge.

It is my fondest hope that he goes to a maximum security prison for ten years and, because of overcrowding issues, he is forced to share a cell with two black, musclebound, 6'4" gay bodybuilders.

The USA is fast becoming a laughing stock. Trump puts his yes men onto the Supreme Court, one of whom is found out accepting massive personal gifts from right wing Trump supporting businessmen, then, surprise, surprise, Trump gets a decison in his favour that basically he can commit crimes with impunity because he was president.

The USA is fast becoming a laughing stock. Trump puts his yes men onto the Supreme Court, one of whom is found out accepting massive personal gifts from right wing Trump supporting businessmen, then, surprise, surprise, Trump gets a decison in his favour that basically he can commit crimes with impunity because he was president.
The whole show is a laughing stock for different reasons - treacherous republicans and bumbling democrats. Just shows how it's all about money and vested interests.

A good article below on who might replace Biden if his wife allowed it....

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back