• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Double glazing advice?

jack_lord

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
We are going to replace failed double glazing units. Someone mentioned that you can get them repaired. Is it cost effective or is it better in the short /longer term just to replace the entire upvc units with en trend things. Advice gratefully accepted.

jack_lord said:
We are going to replace failed double glazing units. Someone mentioned that you can get them repaired. Is it cost effective or is it better in the short /longer term just to replace the entire upvc units with en trend things. Advice gratefully accepted.

Sometimes they can be repaired, or you can replace the unit of glass and retain the frames. Repair is relatively cheap but no idea how effective sorry

Professor said:
Sometimes they can be repaired, or you can replace the unit of glass and retain the frames. Repair is relatively cheap but no idea how effective sorry

Thank you, seal seems to have gone as there is condensation inside the glazing. We were going to have grey upvc but no idea when that will happen so right now it will be replacement glass or repair if possible. Where to get them done?

jack_lord said:
Professor said:

Thank you, seal seems to have gone as there is condensation inside the glazing. We were going to have grey upvc but no idea when that will happen so right now it will be replacement glass or repair if possible. Where to get them done?

Have sent you a pm

I had a couple of windows replaced a couple of years ago by MPN windows, did a good job there are probably cheaper options around though

A distant relative of ours from Glynneath did ours.
He did a fantastic job too.

http://www.sleepwindowsystems.com/

Darran said:

They look like they do good installations, can they do repairs?

Darran said:

To be fair, Glynneath isn't that distant from Baglan if you know which road to take.

jack_lord said:
Thank you, seal seems to have gone as there is condensation inside the glazing.

This happened to one of my windows and I just replaced the double glazed units. £30 for two new units. It was done by a relative though so I couldn't tell you if that's mates rates or not, I assume so as it seems cheap

Fbreath said:
jack_lord said:

Have sent you a pm

F Breath
I have a curved suntrap double glazed unit that has condensation.Can you sort it?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back