• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Downes out to Crystal Palace and Joe Allen in?

• Thread starter A4Jack
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 25
  • Views: Views 7,087

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
Social media is awash with rumours this afternoon suggesting that Flynn Downes is set to move to Crystal Palace and Joe Allen all but agreed to be his replacement. After the signing of Harry Darling two weeks ago it had been expected that there would need to be a sale of a star player to […]

Read more

Will be sad to see Downes go I do feel that he is destined for big things.
If we got £10m and a hefty sell on fee agreed I would see that as decent business, anything over £12m would be good business.

I would think closer to £6m and add ons. Take away any sell on percentage Ipswich might have.

3swan said:
I would think closer to £6m and add ons. Take away any sell on percentage Ipswich might have.

I'd guess that may be around the 20% mark, can't see it being much more to be honest.

Been decent, but he's head strong and has been a red card in waiting in many games, needs to learn to not let the red mist come down, he's young enough though.

Let's face it Downes leaving, probably in the next week is inevitable, good luck to the lad.

Swanjaxs said:
Let's face it Downes leaving, probably in the next week is inevitable, good luck to the lad.

I was surprised we played him in Haverfordwest game to be honest.

Good luck to him at Palace, got a lot of learning to do but also got a very high ceiling imo, can go far.

https://twitter.com/gareth_vincent/status/1543303552906530816?s=21&t=X9kVGN2dU4jBZ6jPZHJpVg

Risc said:
https://twitter.com/gareth_vincent/status/1543303552906530816?s=21&t=X9kVGN2dU4jBZ6jPZHJpVg

"Significant profit" - I wonder exactly what that will translate into. Time will tell what the actual figure is hopefully

To be honest I am simply glad that we are not letting transfer sagas drag on over the whole summer as was our usual MO the past 5 or so seasons. Getting the business done early lets us dig in our heels for other things without having to settle for knock down prices just to balance the books.

With Allen as an immediate like for like replacement on a free transfer that means the profits from the Downes sale should offset what we have paid out so far with change to spare.

A4Jack said:
Social media is awash with rumours this afternoon suggesting that Flynn Downes is set to move to Crystal Palace and Joe Allen all but agreed to be his replacement. After the signing of Harry Darling two weeks ago it had been expected that there would need to be a sale of a star player to […]

Read more
Expecting him to go but he's going to be a big miss for us without a doubt.

I'm not particularly fussed if Downes leaves, he's got potential, but it's just that, potential.. I'm reading reports that it's 8m not including add-ons.. was hoping for 10m, but we know our owners they'll gobble up that 8m..

I'm 50/50 with Allen, can we get one good season out of him

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back