• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Downes out to Crystal Palace and Joe Allen in?

• Thread starter A4Jack
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 25
  • Views: Views 7,088
It's going to be undisclosed. If we're briefing 8, it's going to be less. Still, decent profit on a player that I've never quite understood the rave reviews for, and an upgrade in return. I'll take this.

Uxy said:
It's going to be undisclosed. If we're briefing 8, it's going to be less. Still, decent profit on a player that I've never quite understood the rave reviews for, and an upgrade in return. I'll take this.

I agree on the rave reviews bit, I've no idea on the undisclosed bit, but I hope we haven't sold ourselves short again!!

Uxy said:

You don't rate Downes then... Remains to be seen if Allen will be an upgrade, it is however a gamble.

Skippyjack said:
I'm not particularly fussed if Downes leaves, he's got potential, but it's just that, potential.. I'm reading reports that it's 8m not including add-ons.. was hoping for 10m, but we know our owners they'll gobble up that 8m..

I'm 50/50 with Allen, can we get one good season out of him

No disrespect, but I think Patrick Vieira is better judge of a midfielder than you and knows what he's getting. He knows better than me too but IMO, Downes is ready to make the step up and Palace are about the right level for him atm. For comparison, also IMO, Downes has been better for us than Gallagher was.

karnataka said:
Skippyjack said:
I'm not particularly fussed if Downes leaves, he's got potential, but it's just that, potential.. I'm reading reports that it's 8m not including add-ons.. was hoping for 10m, but we know our owners they'll gobble up that 8m..

I'm 50/50 with Allen, can we get one good season out of him

No disrespect, but I think Patrick Vieira is better judge of a midfielder than you and knows what he's getting. He knows better than me too but IMO, Downes is ready to make the step up and Palace are about the right level for him atm. For comparison, also IMO, Downes has been better for us than Gallagher was.

He is a fantastic midfield prospect. At our level, he is head and shoulders above anyone else in his position IMO. Palace tried to sign him a year or so before we did as well. Hope he goes on to be an international.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Uxy said:

You don't rate Downes then... Remains to be seen if Allen will be an upgrade, it is however a gamble.

I think he's raw, and some of the reviews last year I found a little bizarre. Has a lot to learn in terms of moving the ball forward and defending in the penalty box. Loads of potential though.

Good move for him I think. Osian is an excellent coach and will get the most out of him. Do think it's a season or two too early for him though.

As for Joey, he was still doing the business last year and was better for Wales than Ramsey was. We need a mix of youth with experience.

Uxy said:
Nocountryforoldjack said:

I think he's raw, and some of the reviews last year I found a little bizarre. Has a lot to learn in terms of moving the ball forward and defending in the penalty box. Loads of potential though.

Good move for him I think. Osian is an excellent coach and will get the most out of him. Do think it's a season or two too early for him though.

As for Joey, he was still doing the business last year and was better for Wales than Ramsey was. We need a mix of youth with experience.

He is raw but he is class and will get better, I still think Allen is a gamble for us, I just get a nagging feeling he's going to be injured a lot, hope I'm wrong.

Joe Allen played 3478 minutes for Stoke last season.

Injury prone and over the hill, though

ARQS said:

Over the hill?
His performances against Austria and Ukraine say otherwise.

bakajack said:
ARQS said:

Over the hill?
His performances against Austria and Ukraine say otherwise.

That was clearly sarcasm.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back