• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Eighty Years ago tonight

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
The Germans dropped a bomb on Briton Ferry.

Attachments

• 707E381E-744A-41BD-9288-5D7EDB4BA873.jpeg
    707E381E-744A-41BD-9288-5D7EDB4BA873.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 2,764
Probably was a raid on Swansea that failed to reach the target. There is still a missing block of terraced houses to the day

https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/wales/entries/e22c6983-ff7d-3318-87db-c5eff5a81d2d

Professor said:
Probably was a raid on Swansea that failed to reach the target. There is still a missing block of terraced houses to the day

Amazing read that and some people think they’ve got it tough today.

Darran said:

Don't know where that house is, Dazza, but my father was a 10 year old lad living in the Ferry at the time, Regents Street East I think. He told me he remembered the windows coming in and his mother screaming and dragging him and his sister under the stairs.

Pegojack said:
Darran said:

Don't know where that house is, Dazza, but my father was a 10 year old lad living in the Ferry at the time, Regents Street East I think. He told me he remembered the windows coming in and his mother screaming and dragging him and his sister under the stairs.

That’s the Old Road,Mike.
What number Regent St East did your father live in? We lived in Regent St East from 84 when Amy was born until 95.

You sure that wasn't taken after Brentford stopped off there ?

Darran said:
Pegojack said:

What number Regent St East did your father live in? We lived in Regent St East from 84 when Amy was born until 95.

Don't know the number, mate. If my memory is correct, his sister lived in the house for many years afterwards with her husband and son, certainly when you were there, she worked in HR for Woolworths, married name Olwen Beckley, son's name Stephen. Did you know them?

Darran said:
Professor said:

Amazing read that and some people think they’ve got it tough today.

Yes very much and so sad about the many deaths especially the kids from london.

Wasn't there some nutjob in Llanelli they called Jack hater

Used to cheer as he saw bombs exploding in Swansea

Not sure if it's true or just some myth

Pegojack said:
Darran said:

Don't know the number, mate. If my memory is correct, his sister lived in the house for many years afterwards with her husband and son, certainly when you were there, she worked in HR for Woolworths, married name Olwen Beckley, son's name Stephen. Did you know them?

I don’t know the name but there is a Beckley and a few Thomas’ in this from 1939.

Attachments

• DF168038-E843-4E37-8CC3-DE0DBD8E42CE.jpeg
    DF168038-E843-4E37-8CC3-DE0DBD8E42CE.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 2,577
Pegojack said:
Darran said:

This is a street party in RSE from 1945 perhaps your father is in it. You can see the Ship Tavern in the background.

Attachments

• 8847CE64-94E9-4E45-88FA-61BEC65DE87D.jpeg
    8847CE64-94E9-4E45-88FA-61BEC65DE87D.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 2,576
Darran said:
Pegojack said:

This is a street party in RSE from 1945 perhaps your father is in it. You can see the Ship Tavern in the background.

Can't see him. He's probably in the pub.

Pegojack said:
Darran said:

Can't see him. He's probably in the pub.

Haha, nice one, he sounds like a tip top bloke pego👍🍻

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back