• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Elvis Presley RIP

I don't have much interest in his music however I was able to do the Graceland tour a few years ago and was thoroughly engrossed in it.

He was crap really wasn't he

But he did provide Tom Jones with a few anecdotes which he wheels out on every show on tv

Elvis was an icon though

Lennon said ,"before Elvis there was nothing",which of course wasn't true at all.
Elvis did change lives though world wide ,like it or not.

My first hearing Heartbreak Hotel still reasonates to this day.

On his death,Radio Luxembourg ,Tony Prince played his music all night. He was beside himself with grief.

Elvis,Lennon,Holly,Joplin, Morrison. All stand out deaths for people my age.

Good news for Elvis fans.

He's still losing weight.

He would have been 85 this year.

Difficult to imagine him as an old man.

Loads of great songs though. My favourite -
In The Ghetto.

He is Welsh though and a big Swans 🕊 fan, Presley derives from Presseli and his mother's name was Gladys 😉

TenbySwan said:
He would have been 85 this year.

Difficult to imagine him as an old man.

Loads of great songs though. My favourite -
In The Ghetto.

He is Welsh though and a big Swans 🕊 fan, Presley derives from Presseli and his mother's name was Gladys 😉

With respect,disagree. His La Vegas years,to me were grotesque. He became a parody.

He "died" when he went in the Army.

His 54-60 oeuvre is best

Whatever anyone thinks about his music, most will probably remember where they were/what they were doing when they heard the news he'd passed away...

Swanjaxs said:
Whatever anyone thinks about his music, most will probably remember where they were/what they were doing when they heard the news he'd passed away...

Only if they're an ancient fart.

Itchysphincter said:
Swanjaxs said:

Yes 👍

Some people remember when they used to call him ‘Elvis the Pelvis’. Not me though. No siree.

N
Itchysphincter said:
Swanjaxs said:

Well I can remember where I was without being an ancient fart,I was siting in my kitchen of my house in Baglan eating my Rice Krispies listening to Noel Edmonds on the Radio 1 breakfast show before going to school and the news at 8am came on.

Darran said:
N
Itchysphincter said:

Well I can remember where I was without being an ancient fart,I was siting in my kitchen of my house in Baglan eating my Rice Krispies listening to Noel Edmonds on the Radio 1 breakfast show before going to school and the news at 8am came on.

Yeah, but you're an ancient fart now, to remember that then.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back