• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Elvis Presley RIP

Itchysphincter said:
Darran said:
N

Well I can remember where I was without being an ancient fart,I was siting in my kitchen of my house in Baglan eating my Rice Krispies listening to Noel Edmonds on the Radio 1 breakfast show before going to school and the news at 8am came on.

Yeah, but you're an ancient fart now, to remember that then.

Prick.

Michael Jackson shares his bed with underage boys and everyone calls him a nonce. Elvis does the same with underage girls and he's still a hero.

Go figure.

Toronto_Motors said:
With respect,disagree. His La Vegas years,to me were grotesque. He became a parody.

He "died" when he went in the Army.

His 54-60 oeuvre is best

You can't have an oeuvre for selective years. It's either all or nothing as the small faces once said.

Toronto_Motors said:
Lennon said ,"before Elvis there was nothing",which of course wasn't true at all.
Elvis did change lives though world wide ,like it or not.

My first hearing Heartbreak Hotel still reasonates to this day.

On his death,Radio Luxembourg ,Tony Prince played his music all night. He was beside himself with grief.

Elvis,Lennon,Holly,Joplin, Morrison. All stand out deaths for people my age.

It came through on Luxembourg around 11pm if I remember correctly. I was listening to it under the bed clothes at the time, as you did. I got up and told my mum what had happened. I'll never forget what she said to me.
"Get back to bed you've got school in the morning. And turn that radio off".
I think I listened until about 1am.

I remember my mam being inconsolable and her keeping a tabloids middle page spread picture of him for years.

Imo Elvis is iconic, a one off.

Toronto_Motors said:
TenbySwan said:
He would have been 85 this year.

Difficult to imagine him as an old man.

Loads of great songs though. My favourite -
In The Ghetto.

He is Welsh though and a big Swans 🕊 fan, Presley derives from Presseli and his mother's name was Gladys 😉

With respect,disagree. His La Vegas years,to me were grotesque. He became a parody.

He "died" when he went in the Army.

His 54-60 oeuvre is best

"He "died" when he went in the Army." ???

"His 54-60 oeuvre is best" ????

He was in the Army 1958/60 👍

Forever etched in my memory. Hot as hell it was the day he died. What a Summer. Was working on the car parks in Aberporth. Brown as a berry and still salivating over the Brummy girls. At that time poor old Elvis couldn’t have been further from my mind.

Longlostjack said:
Forever etched in my memory. Hot as hell it was the day he died. What a Summer. Was working on the car parks in Aberporth. Brown as a berry and still salivating over the Brummy girls. At that time poor old Elvis couldn’t have been further from my mind.

So, he wasn’t always on your mind then ?

Why does Elvis Presley get a pass for sexually assaulting a 14 year old child, yet Kevin Spacey is rightfully vilified for doing the same?

Cooperman said:
I don't have much interest in his music however I was able to do the Graceland tour a few years ago and was thoroughly engrossed in it.

I was a child in Spain when he died and it was massive news.

I went to Graceland and left there with a very different feeling about how great he was.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back