• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Elvis

Cooperman said:
I once had a weekend to kill in Nashville so drove to Memphis and went to the Graceland experience. Whilst I have almost zero interest in his music (a bit before my time), the tour was great.

Same, I was working over there and drove down to Tennessee to visit an American friend who had been at Swansea Uni. My other friend working/travelling with me was a massive Elvis fan so as we in that state we drove over to Memphis for the Graceland experience. I had a bit of a shock as I didn't know he was buried there. The Graceland thing was great as you said.

jack_lord said:
Same, I was working over there and drove down to Tennessee to visit an American friend who had been at Swansea Uni. My other friend working/travelling with me was a massive Elvis fan so as we in that state we drove over to Memphis for the Graceland experience. I had a bit of a shock as I didn't know he was buried there. The Graceland thing was great as you said.

Did you go to the Jack Daniels museum? I went there on another occasion and that’s worth the drive South from Nashville. Having seen Graceland, the JD tour and several NFL games, I think I’ve ticked most of what there is to do in TN.

Cooperman said:
Did you go to the Jack Daniels museum? I went there on another occasion and that’s worth the drive South from Nashville. Having seen Graceland, the JD tour and several NFL games, I think I’ve ticked most of what there is to do in TN.

We’ve done Graceland and Jack Daniels but not NFL games. To our amazement we absolutely loved a day at Dollywood.

J_B said:
We’ve done Graceland and Jack Daniels but not NFL games. To our amazement we absolutely loved a day at Dollywood.

What took you out that way? It’s heading towards the middle of knowhere.

Cooperman said:
What took you out that way? It’s heading towards the middle of knowhere.

We’d been visiting friends in Charlotte, NC and were going to Nashville for a bit of music tourism and decided to drive through the mountains and spend a night at Pigeon Forge.

Before we knew what we were doing we had a day in Dollywood. Sometimes unexpected things happen when you’re enjoying yourself and don’t have a fixed schedule to worry about. It was great.

J_B said:
We’d been visiting friends in Charlotte, NC and were going to Nashville for a bit of music tourism and decided to drive through the mountains and spend a night at Pigeon Forge.

Before we knew what we were doing we had a day in Dollywood. Sometimes unexpected things happen when you’re enjoying yourself and don’t have a fixed schedule to worry about. It was great.

I bet that was a nice drive through the rolling countryside.

Cooperman said:

Regret - not going to the JD museum but did go to the Neyland stadium, dollywood and some crazy reptile place Chatanooga way. One of the snakes was terrifyingly huge

jack_lord said:
Regret - not going to the JD museum but did go to the Neyland stadium, dollywood and some crazy reptile place Chatanooga way. One of the snakes was terrifyingly huge

I read about that stadium. Mental to think of a college stadium with a capacity in excess of 100,000.

Cooperman said:
I read about that stadium. Mental to think of a college stadium with a capacity in excess of 100,000.

I think there were nearly 110,000 in the stadium for a university game, it was totally bizarre. I had a Tennessee Vols t shirt for a good while after that game

Cooperman said:
Also done the jd tour, did you go to the little square around the corner. Like stepping back in time. Have done the country music festival several years now, that's an amazing experience if you are into that genre of music.

cmajack said:
Also done the jd tour, did you go to the little square around the corner. Like stepping back in time. Have done the country music festival several years now, that's an amazing experience if you are into that genre of music.

Yes, I remember Lynchburg square as we had a brew from one of the coffee shops. This was only about twenty minutes south from where I head for work two or three times a year; Shelbyville is another place frozen in time. We stay in Murfreesboro which has a little more life.

The extent of my country music interest never really gets beyond downtown Nashville on a Friday and Saturday night. However I have a work colleague who plays in the band of Billy Droze and I keep in touch with him and his exploits. Do you know the name? Doesn’t mean much to me but the way they talk about their following sounds quite impressive.

Cooperman said:
Yes, I remember Lynchburg square as we had a brew from one of the coffee shops. This was only about twenty minutes south from where I head for work two or three times a year; Shelbyville is another place frozen in time. We stay in Murfreesboro which has a little more life.

The extent of my country music interest never really gets beyond downtown Nashville on a Friday and Saturday night. However I have a work colleague who plays in the band of Billy Droze and I keep in touch with him and his exploits. Do you know the name? Doesn’t mean much to me but the way they talk about their following sounds quite impressive.

Shenandoah. If bubba can dance, and next to you next to me are 2 of their songs regularly played by my wife while she's doing her aerobics.

cmajack said:
Shenandoah. If bubba can dance, and next to you next to me are 2 of their songs regularly played by my wife while she's doing her aerobics.

I shall have a listen.

FAO Skip, Nan will be all over this.

Elvis Evolution: Presley to be brought to life using AI for new immersive show https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-67871115

I'm with John Lennon when he said that Elvis died when he went in to the army.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back