• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

EMDR Therapy

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 13
  • Views: Views 2,432

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with it?
I won’t go into detail but I just had a session with a therapist and I am absolutely knackered.

giphy.gif

Darran said:
Anyone familiar with it?
I won’t go into detail but I just had a session with a therapist and I am absolutely knackered.

Yes mate, I had many months of it to deal with the psychological fallout following my lengthy critical illness event around ten years ago.

cleddau said:
Darran said:
Anyone familiar with it?

Yes mate, I had many months of it to deal with the psychological fallout following my lengthy critical illness event around ten years ago.

It’s very interesting I’d never heard of it before a couple of weeks ago.
I hope it worked and you’re ok Pal. 🙌🏻

Darran said:
cleddau said:

I didn't have much success with it unfortunately but I know many people who went through a similar experience to me who say it has helped them immensely. It was my third and final treatment having started with plain old counselling sitting opposite someone and talking, then CBT which I found too brutal and lastly EMDR.
I live near Gloucester but from Pembs originally and my therapist was also from Pembs and followed the Swans so we struck up a good rapport right from the start, which is always important. For whatever reason, it just didn't work for me and I felt I was constantly on the edge of re-traumatising but I guess like anything, whether it's meds or treatments, what works for one person may not work for the next and we will all have varying degrees of success.

Good luck with the treatment and hope you and the family are well.

cleddau said:
Darran said:

I didn't have much success with it unfortunately but I know many people who went through a similar experience to me who say it has helped them immensely. It was my third and final treatment having started with plain old counselling sitting opposite someone and talking, then CBT which I found too brutal and lastly EMDR.
I live near Gloucester but from Pembs originally and my therapist was also from Pembs and followed the Swans so we struck up a good rapport right from the start, which is always important. For whatever reason, it just didn't work for me and I felt I was constantly on the edge of re-traumatising but I guess like anything, whether it's meds or treatments, what works for one person may not work for the next and we will all have varying degrees of success.

Cheers Pal good luck to you.

On a side note have I ever met you?

Darran said:
cleddau said:

Cheers Pal good luck to you.

On a side note have I ever met you?

No mate, the closest we came to meeting was parking on that bloke's front garden at the Forest Green friendly. I rarely go to games these days.

Can this be helpful for neurological/neurodevelopment conditions? I’m thinking of Tourette’s specifically.

Darran said:
cleddau said:
No mate, the closest we came to meeting was parking on that bloke's front garden at the Forest Green friendly. I rarely go to games these days.

IDMG? :lol:

I thought you knew :lol:

exiledclaseboy said:
Can this be helpful for neurological/neurodevelopment conditions? I’m thinking of Tourette’s specifically.

For me and the people I have met over the years who received the treatment, it has been for PTSD and processing distressing memories. I've not heard of it being used for the conditions you mentioned and engagement may be an issue there but I really don't know.

Outside of a therapist, an EMDR specific support group may be the best place to ask that question, I'm sure there will be several on FB.

cleddau said:
exiledclaseboy said:

For me and the people I have met over the years who received the treatment, it has been for PTSD and processing distressing memories. I've not heard of it being used for the conditions you mentioned and engagement may be an issue there but I really don't know.

Outside of a therapist, an EMDR specific support group may be the best place to ask that question, I'm sure there will be several on FB.

Yeah, thanks. From the limited reading I’ve done it doesn’t look to be directly applicable to Tourette’s but worth some more research at least. Cheers.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back