• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

England media meltdown

JackSomething said:
I'm delighted they lost as they would have had a great chance of winning the thing if they got past the current World Cup holders.

Having said that, they were probably the better team and could easily have won that game on another day, so we should all be feeling very relieved. Also, I'd love it if Wales could have a player who 'was crap 4 tournaments on the trot' while scoring 12 goals in the last three tournaments... :lol:

It's a damn shame that we haven't qualified for tournaments in bales prime years.

monmouth said:
They are good enough now to bully and steamroller inferior teams (like us) but they lack the manager to select the right personnel and tactics. Taking off Saka was laughable. Put Foden in the middle and Rashford or Grealish on the left and set up to go at (an injury plagued) France from the start and they win that game. Actually Kane's penalty goes in and they probably win that game even with Southgate. What a shame, never mind.

Unfortunately I think this group of players will be real contenders for a while, as there are no standout teams, especially when Messi can no longer drag the Argies through. Still, two years respite, so all good.

Agree with all of that. The hope is that they appoint a manager who does have that extra level of tactical nous, but also one that destroys the obvious team spirit that Southgate has cultivated. Otherwise they really could lift a trophy in the next few years and we'll never hear the end of it.

This would be very, very bad news

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/12/brendan-rodgers-an-ideal-upgrade-for-england-if-gareth-southgate-walks-away

J_B said:
The next Euros in Germany are only 18 months away.

Oh god, of course, then it all starts again with their ridiculous hype.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back