• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Fannying About at the Back

Fisher is shit. He cost us a big wedge that could have been spent elsewhere. It's our cross to bear. Ok, another cross to bear.

We need to be scoring 2 or 3 a game with that defence. Missed a boatload of chances last night. If things don't change they stay the same.

monmouth said:
Fisher is s**t. He cost us a big wedge that could have been spent elsewhere. It's our cross to bear. Ok, another cross to bear.

I am not one for hyperbole but he is the worst keeper we have ever had. Worse than Jason Jones. Ok Maybe hes not worse than Nico Schroeder but theres not much in it.

There are different ways of passing out from the back but it baffles me why the keepr has to move up the pitch. Surely it would be better for hom to stay in his goal so if there is a mistake he has a chance of saving it.The way we used to pass out under Rodgers, Laudrup, Martinez etc didn't involve the goalkeepr moving up the pitch and the defender passing it forward to the goalkeeper. I've never seen any team pass out like this it is truly baffling.

Martinez, Brenda, Laudrup and to a certain extent Potter have all successfully introduced a similar possession based football at Swansea without all this bollocks at the back, particularly when the opposition are actually targeting it. Not only is he failing to learn from past experience, he's not learning from the current experience he's seeing in front of his eyes.

Stats can make a positive contribution in sport as a tool to assist you, that is beyond any doubt, but what we have here is stats taking center stage and full control of the coach's decisions. He's refusing to give it up because he believes this passing out from the keeper is helping him with some stats, some performance metric. That's not using stats to assist you, that's allowing the stats to take the bleeding wheel and drive the bus of the side of the cliff, and allow it to happen every week until they've driven the bus off every cliff on the Gower.

I noticed Man City doing the goal kick routine on Match of the day. Pep is stealing Russy’s ideas now.

They looked a bit better than us at it mind. Their goalkeeper could play midfield in the Premier League.

Captain_Sham said:
monmouth said:
Fisher is s**t. He cost us a big wedge that could have been spent elsewhere. It's our cross to bear. Ok, another cross to bear.

I am not one for hyperbole but he is the worst keeper we have ever had. Worse than Jason Jones. Ok Maybe hes not worse than Nico Schroeder but theres not much in it.

I'll add Derek Bellotti.

J_B said:
I noticed Man City doing the goal kick routine on Match of the day. Pep is stealing Russy’s ideas now.

They looked a bit better than us at it mind. Their goalkeeper could play midfield in the Premier League.

Always amazes me when anyone tries to compare the way we play to the way Man City play … because it’s almost the same .. right ? 😂😂

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back