• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

FAO Bryn Cartwright / Llangennech incident

dickythorpe

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
Did you garage doors cope with that blast in Llangennech?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-53927802

What an inferno!

Great to hear no one hurt.

Unfortunately it sounds like diesel has spilled into the Loughor river and cockle beds are closed. :(

dickythorpe said:
Did you garage doors cope with that blast in Llangennech?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-53927802

What an inferno!

Great to hear no one hurt.

Unfortunately it sounds like diesel has spilled into the Loughor river and cockle beds are closed. :(
Thanks for your concern bro. Slept through the whole thing but it is about 2miles from here. Hope they discover what caused it quickly. Tree branch on the track? Poor maintenance? Doors working impeccably!

I wonder whether the sheer volume of rain we've had this August has weakened the track?

dickythorpe said:
I wonder whether the sheer volume of rain we've had this August has weakened the track?

I saw a long distance photo in one of the press stories and the track looked far from perfect even in the area where the train had not derailed.

Cooperman said:
dickythorpe said:

I saw a long distance photo in one of the press stories and the track looked far from perfect even in the area where the train had not derailed.
In which case Railtrack may have a very hefty bill and fine coming their way pretty soon. My old Dad did 16 years working underground in the old Morlais colliery just next door to those tracks. The big brown pools are basically rusty, polluted mine waters.

BrynCartwright said:
Cooperman said:
In which case Railtrack may have a very hefty bill and fine coming their way pretty soon. My old Dad did 16 years working underground in the old Morlais colliery just next door to those tracks. The big brown pools are basically rusty, polluted mine waters.

I came off at J48 this afternoon and headed up the hill. I haven’t seen a train on the track before so couldn’t gauge its proximity to the river / road etc. However the train is still in place so it’s now clear; that must have been quite a sight on Wednesday night.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back