• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Favourite Swansea pub of today and yesteryear

dickythorpe

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
I'm really missing having a pint in the Cross Keys.
Going back over the years I always enjoyed going to the Queen's and the Pumphouse.

KrunchyKarrot said:
Cardiff Arms?

Cardiff arms one of my faves as a young pup. Plus the Queens arms when they had the pool table in the back. Duke, White rose on Walter Road, all the mumbles ones, Eagle, Station Inn, New Swan, No 10, Trafalgar. All the vetch ones.

Just loads. Great days. Only food was a mouldy ham or cheese sandwich or crisps and pork scratchings. Want food? Go to ****** Wimpy. Sad to see all those pubs gone or changed. Must call back up the eagle when next down.

Can't comment on pubs now because I'm not in Swansea enough, but when I lived in Mumbles in the 80s, it was always the White Rose. Fab pint of Bass and superb service however crowded.
In my Hereford days, the Queens for pre match pints and grub, followed by the Globe when we moved to the Liberty. Shyte beer but a great atmosphere.

I always reflect on the days where there was a scruffy public bar and a lounge when there is talk of favourite pubs of yesterday.
The old public bars were fantastic; tiled floor, stained ceilings, dartboard, tv above the bar, pickled eggs, stroppy barman and some real characters to keep you entertained. The Bush Hotel at Sketty Cross was one such that I always enjoyed.

Prince of Wales on the Kingsway and the Park in Portland street

The tenby was a right good laugh and some great characters.

Used to go there alot when I came home during my halcyonic drinking days, there was always something going on whenever we went in.

• x
Jackmanandboy said:
I always reflect on the days where there was a scruffy public bar and a lounge when there is talk of favourite pubs of yesterday.
The old public bars were fantastic; tiled floor, stained ceilings, dartboard, tv above the bar, pickled eggs, stroppy barman and some real characters to keep you entertained. The Bush Hotel at Sketty Cross was one such that I always enjoyed.

This horrid man I knew about used to call in the Bush once a week. A non drinker type, half of bitter waiting for his wife from the bingo across the road. He had a bad experience in there one night and was so horrified and traumatised by it that the following day he went into work and told his normal, healthy, sports loving male colleagues about it.

When he was in the bar there were two thuggish thicko youngsters in there talking. Eventually one said to the other one ‘got to split, got to see the girl’. And that was that. 10 minutes later he’s back and his mate says ‘stood you up then?’ To which he replies ‘nah, monkeys nose is bleeding’

Couldn’t understand why work colleagues falling about laughing.

The Queens down the Marina. Antelope, Mumbles, Clarence pre-match. Too many back then, largely closed or shite chaina.

Was always Clarence pre match for me. Closest to the vetch.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back