• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Freddie Woodman

One thing in our favour is that he’s playing under the current England keeping coach. Keep us this form and he may be considered to sneak into their Euros Squad, going as back up in January may not help that.

Pope, Henderson and Pickford aren’t pulling any trees up

Newcastle will want him 1st choice next season, and I would imagine they'd demand a hefty fee should he carry on putting in performances.

We’re just 2 clean sheets off last seasons best stats in the championship

I’ve been saying since the first few weeks he was with us that we needed to try and tie him down to a permanent deal - his talent is clear, despite the little dip in form he had last year.

Some of the pelters he had on here last season were ridiculous.

excellent keeper but ithink this is the one position in our starting x11 that we could afford to 'lose''. Our defence is excellent and our keeper rarely has much to do. obviously want to keep him

eteb said:
excellent keeper but ithink this is the one position in our starting x11 that we could afford to 'lose''. Our defence is excellent and our keeper rarely has much to do. obviously want to keep him

Sign of a good keeper, nothing much to do, but still aware enough to pull off a worldy like he did yesterday. Arguably tougher than pulling off save after save (within reason of course).

We were not all that good at Barnsley. If they had pulled back a goal after our second we may well have been in shatsville. No team will win the league without a stand out keeper.

eteb said:
Defenders play with far more confidence and assurance when they have a good keeper behind them, and know their behaviour and preferences etc.. I've seen it too many times when a good defence is derailed when a good keeper gets injured etc.. Please stay until the summer at least eh Freddie. You know it makes sense.

Arsenal have just signed Mat Ryan from Brighton so we can put the Woodman rumour to bed.

Dont know if this has ever been mentioned but Fred's dad was in nets for Northampton when Frain scored that last min winner in PO final

Blackpooljack said:
Dont know if this has ever been mentioned but Fred's dad was in nets for Northampton when Frain scored that last min winner in PO final

It’s been mentioned. :lol:

Also been mentioned that his dad is on the staff at Arsenal, don’t know if it’s true though.

Has improved a lot. He and the defence feed off each other I think. Still has lots of headroom to improve. It's a reason I'd like to see barcodes relegated and us promoted.

As I've said, I actually enjoy watching us defend now and watching as much as I can what we do without the ball. I wish I could watch it live to get the full panorama. I'd love another clean sheet on Weds.

Itchysphincter said:
Blackpooljack said:

It’s been mentioned. :lol:

Also been mentioned that his dad is on the staff at Arsenal, don’t know if it’s true though.

Yep, he's Head of Academy Goalkeeping, plus their U23 Goalkeeping Coach.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back