• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Free all expenses paid trip to the World Cup...

Swanjaxs

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
For 40 Welsh supporters.

Would you be prepared to "promote" the World Cup for an all expenses (even beer money) paid trip by the Qatari government, given thier record on human rights and slave labour?
Wonder who the "40" are...🤔

Wales fans paid to attend upcoming World Cup in Qatar

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wales-fans-paid-attend-upcoming-25435640#ICID=Android_WalesOnlineNewsApp_AppShare

There’s a lot of guff being talked and written about this World Cup, mainly from people who normally wouldn’t give two tiny shits about LGBT rights, women’s rights or the rights of immigrant labour in normal circumstances. But now all of a sudden they’re all liberal as f*ck about these things and appalled that the World Cup is being held in a country with an appalling human rights record. Newsflash - it’s not the first time a sporting event has been held in a shit country and it won’t be the last. So save your false piety which you’re spewing at the same time as calling migrants to Britain what a dirty dog wouldn’t lick you stinking hypocrites. I fully intend to enjoy every minute of the World Cup amd seeing something I never thought I’d see, Wales playing in it. And I honestly don’t care where the games are being played.

There, I feel better for that It’s been annoying me.

Swanjaxs, to be clear none of that was aimed in your direction, you just happened to post the catalyst for my ramblings. :D

exiledclaseboy said:
There’s a lot of guff being talked and written about this World Cup, mainly from people who normally wouldn’t give two tiny shits about LGBT rights, women’s rights or the rights of immigrant labour in normal circumstances. But now all of a sudden they’re all liberal as f*ck about these things and appalled that the World Cup is being held in a country with an appalling human rights record. Newsflash - it’s not the first time a sporting event has been held in a s**t country and it won’t be the last. So save your false piety which you’re spewing at the same time as calling migrants to Britain what a dirty dog wouldn’t lick you stinking hypocrites. I fully intend to enjoy every minute of the World Cup amd seeing something I never thought I’d see, Wales playing in it. And I honestly don’t care where the games are being played.

Swanjaxs, to be clear none of that was aimed in your direction, you just happened to post the catalyst for my ramblings. :D

Haha no worries mate, my son is gay so I do sort of have an interest in whats going on over there 😉

Swanjaxs said:
Haha no worries mate, my son is gay so I do sort of have an interest in whats going on over there 😉

Aye I remember you saying. And I’m not excusing the Qatari regime and its record in any way. Anyone who feels the need to boycott the World Cup or not watch it, well that’s their choice and good on them for that. I just can’t stand those who usually don’t give a fuck about that stuff all of a sudden finding their hidden support for people they usually wouldn’t hesitate to take the piss out of.

exiledclaseboy said:
Aye I remember you saying. And I’m not excusing the Qatari regime and its record in any way. Anyone who feels the need to boycott the World Cup or not watch it, well that’s their choice and good on them for that. I just can’t stand those who usually don’t give a f**k about that stuff all of a sudden finding their hidden support for people they usually wouldn’t hesitate to take the piss out of.

That's fair comment, my son has been through it all over the years ...

Swanjaxs said:
That's fair comment, my son has been through it all over the years ...

I don’t doubt it, seen it many times myself over the years. Probably some of it from the sort of people now claiming to be appalled at the World Cup being in a country hostile to LGBT people.

I think that the biggest stink about the World Cup, is FIFA and their turning a blind eye to all the human rights abuses and deaths for a bung.

Oh, and wrecking our domestic season while doing it.

Dewi1jack said:
Oh, and wrecking our domestic season while doing it.

With the rush of matches so early in the season its also causing lots of injuries. Seeing players dropping like flies at the minute. by the time we get to the last 16 they might have to change over to five a side.

exiledclaseboy said:
Aye I remember you saying. And I’m not excusing the Qatari regime and its record in any way. Anyone who feels the need to boycott the World Cup or not watch it, well that’s their choice and good on them for that. I just can’t stand those who usually don’t give a f**k about that stuff all of a sudden finding their hidden support for people they usually wouldn’t hesitate to take the piss out of.

Brilliant isn't it, they've turned into proper moral crusaders. Don't mention taking the knee, our players wearing rainbow laces, or immigrants coming into the country. That's all different see.

Shames all of us, or something :lol:

exiledclaseboy said:
There’s a lot of guff being talked and written about this World Cup, mainly from people who normally wouldn’t give two tiny shits about LGBT rights, women’s rights or the rights of immigrant labour in normal circumstances. But now all of a sudden they’re all liberal as f*ck about these things and appalled that the World Cup is being held in a country with an appalling human rights record. Newsflash - it’s not the first time a sporting event has been held in a s**t country and it won’t be the last. So save your false piety which you’re spewing at the same time as calling migrants to Britain what a dirty dog wouldn’t lick you stinking hypocrites. I fully intend to enjoy every minute of the World Cup amd seeing something I never thought I’d see, Wales playing in it. And I honestly don’t care where the games are being played.

Spot on, this country is just as bad at human rights abuses.

It's interesting that they're specifically looking for 40 Welsh supporters though, I wonder if they have some kind of marketing strategy in mind. Regardless, I hope those who do choose to go have a great time and stay safe.

FaajiSunday said:
It's interesting that they're specifically looking for 40 Welsh supporters though, I wonder if they have some kind of marketing strategy in mind. Regardless, I hope those who do choose to go have a great time and stay safe.

Yeah me too, who've you got down to win the world cup?

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Yeah me too, who've you got down to win the world cup?

Wales are going to smash Iran, what do you reckon it will be? I'm going for 6-0 with Bale scoring a hat-trick.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back