• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

From a very good Premier League side to midtable Championship in the blink of an eye…

• Thread starter Roger
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 22
  • Views: Views 1,698

Roger

First Team Player
Reaction score
what actually happened and who needs to take the blame here?

We were such a well run club, playing attractive football, everyone’s second team was Swans.

Now look at us. It’s scary how far, fast and hard we’ve fallen.

Is it the owners? Why did we let them in? I just don’t get any of it.

No due diligence done on the yanks by Huw and co., Huw ( allegedly) needed cash to pay his ex off, coupled with yanks who know fck all about the British game/set up, along with Cooper who bottled the final last year.
How I see it anyway.

Roger said:

We were such a well run club, playing attractive football, everyone’s second team was Swans.

Not really the blink of an eye though is it ? It has been building since Monk stole a living, thriving on the blocks laid by Rodgers & Laudrup. Almost 8 years, hardly the blink of an eye. After this season the Martin era is really starting to feel like a false dawn. Just hope he proves me wrong

Roger said:

The blink of an eye!? It has been a slow decay since Monk changed our style and we needed to start spending big money on mediocre players. We were never going to sustain Premier League football long term without massive investment from outside.

In all honesty we’ve done better than I thought since relegation… lots of clubs have dropped and dropped.

We’ve never been in fear of relegation since dropping out of the Premier League and have made play offs twice… and we’re not miles away this season either.

Magic_Michu said:
Roger said:

The blink of an eye!? It has been a slow decay since Monk changed our style and we needed to start spending big money on mediocre players. We were never going to sustain Premier League football long term without massive investment from outside.

In all honesty we’ve done better than I thought since relegation… lots of clubs have dropped and dropped.

We’ve never been in fear of relegation since dropping out of the Premier League and have made play offs twice… and we’re not miles away this season either.
Agree.
Roger is a bit of a misery isn't he ?

STID2017 said:
Magic_Michu said:

Agree.
I’m a realist. We’ve got no ambition, the fanbase AND the club.

You might be happy plodding along celebrating draws against Barnsley but I expect more from the club.

Lots of other clubs bounce back up. What the actual fook are we up to?

A midtable Championship side

I spent the first 30 years of my Swans supporting life wanting to be just that!

We did well to stay in the top league as long as we did , it was never going to last , that's why they sold when they did , still puzzles me why the current owners bought it though , surely they didn't buy it to make much money , can't think of a worse investment , can only assume they bought it for the status that goes with owning a Premier league team

PSumbler said:

This in bucket loads! Nobody expected us to last one season "in the big league" never mind 7, often taking the pìss outa the big boys! Yes we beat them all...

If youd have predicted we would have been cemented
in the Championship 10 years ago you'd have spent time up Cockett Lighthouse ffs :lol:

PSumbler said:

Fair point well made, most of us, myself included, would have taken mid table at the start of this season.🤔

Could be worse, could be a scunthorpe fan, sometimes it's healthy to be grateful for what we've got.

PSumbler said:

30 years ? Didn't realise you were 12 years older than me ! :D
Don't the Tosh years count ?

Roger said:
STID2017 said:
Agree.
I’m a realist. We’ve got no ambition, the fanbase AND the club.

You might be happy plodding along celebrating draws against Barnsley but I expect more from the club.

Lots of other clubs bounce back up. What the actual fook are we up to?
A blink of an eye though?
We haven't been a very good Pl since Laudrup left surely in 2014

PSumbler said:

Yes. Next season will be our fifteenth consecutive in the top two divisions.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back