• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Gigs ‘23

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 188
  • Views: Views 12,008
As somebody who can sit through the chaos of a Kiss concert with lights flashes and explosions all round , mabe I am lucky enough to enjoy a light show , so fortunately not a distraction for me .

Looks like Swansea is the smallest venue of this tour , their lighting set designed for bigger venues where the effects are not so glaring and more suited to these places , or the lighting engineers said , right the kit is here lets up it up anyway.

I assume they would have readjusted the lighting rig for a smaller venue , mabe not , just a thought .

Queen and Adam Lambert last year had a light set so suited to the particular track , so mellow and mood driven , it was an experience just to watch the ever changing and subtle differences in lightimg .

Darran said:
I’m a massive fan of The Tubes and seen them many times,they were dreadful in Swansea tonight though.
The musicians were impeccable but Fee was pitiful,so sad to see.

Glad I didn't get to that gig, that would have really disappointed me.

The Completion Backward Principle and Remote Control Albums , alongside way back in the day seeing them perform in the old Sophia Gardens pavillion had me hooked . Phil Lynnot and Thin Lizzy was another go see act , probably early 80s .

As in earlier observations made , The Tubes were so tight musically , and also kept the riff going for an age until Quay Lude could reach the stage , then supported by crew to stand up straight , a shame to see Fee having to be helped off stage due to the problems of him unable to carry the costume any more .

All this happening in front of an audience of a certain age , covering their eyes , like me sadly .

WPOD as always been their swansong I know , maybe time to lose the disguise and just finish on a throw everthing finale .

Probably copyrights and other legal issues stop them performing Loves a Mystery as a show closer , my favourite track .

View attachment PXL_20230707_195359153.jpg

Just back from Hyde Park. Overheard someone say in the pub afterwards

"I saw Elton last week and he was superb. So was Daryl Hall tonight but first time I've seen Billy Joel tonight and he was just better than both of them."

A couple of things I disagreed with, both Elton and Daryl Hall sounded dreadful. Great in their day, but their voices have gone now.
The other thing was it's Joel (rhymes with coal) not Joe-elle.

Apart from that he was spot on.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/billy-joel/2023/hyde-park-london-england-ba7d1f6.html

Nice.

I didn't want to go, but the Mrs bought them. His voice was good, fair play, it surprised me how good.
The only thing I didn't like was that there was a medical emergency in the crowd and the concert stopped for a minute or two as they were began being seen to. He said, in all seriousness, "are they dead ?" And then just carried on playing. Very poor.

Fair do's to the organizers of BST, best sound quality I've ever heard at an outdoor concert, it's normally crap.

WxmJax said:
I didn't want to go, but the Mrs bought them. His voice was good, fair play, it surprised me how good.
The only thing I didn't like was that there was a medical emergency in the crowd and the concert stopped for a minute or two as they were began being seen to. He said, in all seriousness, "are they dead ?" And then just carried on playing. Very poor.

Fair do's to the organizers of BST, best sound quality I've ever heard at an outdoor concert, it's normally crap.

I would have gone but I objected to paying £100 plus fees for a ticket.

The Tubes set on Friday night is having a right bashing in some social media outlets , not worth the entrance ticket money .

The Band were on spot , looking back at some You Tube clips , that finale with Fee unable to leave the stage without the help of the support and backing of the crew was sad to see .

Unfortunately this closure of their set will be the lasting memory to new audience members , the sight of a scantily clad nurse fawning over Quay Lewd brought a few disapproving mutterings around me .

Glad I have the memories of an awesome group in their prime , got their back catalogue around me to enjoy .

exiledclaseboy said:
I would have gone but I objected to paying £100 plus fees for a ticket.

I was at the front. It was a bit more than that. As she said, you're only here once.

But I agree with you, which is why I wasn't bothered about going. Glad we did though.

Just gone through some you tube clips of The Tubes performing in Swansea , looking back Fee was struggling .

Reading reviews of their opening set across this tour on many outlets , feedback was awful . not one good word , bad vibes .

Robbie said:
Just gone through some you tube clips of The Tubes performing in Swansea , looking back Fee was struggling .

Reading reviews of their opening set across this tour on many outlets , feedback was awful . not one good word , bad vibes .

Very sad to hear. I've seen them a couple of times in the last few years and Fee was on good form. Maybe age has caught up and he's a spent force now, had to happen one day. Glad I missed the Swansea show now 😢😢😢

Been invited to a death metal gig at Hangar 18 tonight. One of the bands - Deliberate Miscarriage - sound more like a police charge than a pop group

I declined.

Bloodstock was great, so much better than Download. Unfortunately Helloween pulled out and were replaced by KK's Priest which was disappointing for me but Megadeth were awesome and more than made up for the shit I had to endure at West Brom the day before

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back