• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Happy Clappers

WSMjack

North Banker
Reaction score
Genuinely baffles me how people still think he’s the right man for the job.

The amount of fans arguing with other fans stating that either it’s not Martins fault we should be blaming the owners or playing the “you can’t name a better manager we could get” card is mind boggling.

The owners have no where to hide but January has come and gone. We got no one in.

Martin has to adapt, HE is responsible for how the team is set up. HE is responsible for how we work with and without the ball. HE is responsible for getting the most out of the players. HE is responsible for providing tactical solutions to the problems we face against 23 other teams. HE is responsible for creating a culture around the club and setting high standards. HE is responsible in managing his back room staff. HE is responsible for building and maintaining relationships between himself and the players.

What other manager would still be in a job in the form we are in. He’s had major fall outs with a number of first team players. Players actively refusing (in his words) to play.

As a manager your success is derived from the performance of those you manage. Your team (staff, coaches, players) perform well then you are performing well as a manager. They don’t then it is your job to manage it. He hasn’t. Simple as. No ifs or buts about it.

Yanks as I said don’t have a get out of jail card here they need to get out of our club - everyone knows that and there’s no debate there. But playing devils advocate if I’d given Martin money and he’s bought the likes of Fisher and Darling in with it I wouldn’t give him a penny either.

Finally, it’s not our job as fans to “name” another manager. That’s the ownership hierarchy’s job. Just cause someone can’t name a replacement doesn’t keep Martin in a job. It’s like if your mrs cheated on you every week but you can’t find a suitable replacement for her you may aswell just stay with her :lol:

Definition of insanity comes to mind.

Get the tw*t out now. If his idea of the Swansea way is to alienate our fans then well done Russ you’ve done your job. Never felt so disconnected to my club. You c*nt.

His supporters are starting to quietly turn now, they don't defend him half as vociferously as they did. It was only a matter of time before they had to admit that he is an absolute car crash of a manager, and stop blaming everything else for the way we play.

What always has, and always will bug me though is when someone suggests sacking a manager, and the first thing that comes back is "But who is going to manage us then". There is ALWAYS another manager out there.

Innit.

As you say, the starting defence/keeper last night contained at least two players hand picked by him at a cost of £2m. If he wanted Wood as well that's closer to £2.5m, and they were shambolic. How in the name of Zeus could it possibly be anybody's else's fault that we're so bad at the back?

FWIW I suspect all of them could at least do a job under a manager who remotely understands what he's trying to do (even Fisher), but he's making them look parks level. I don't know how many times a three at the back consisting of Wood, Cabango and Darling has been tried and rejected, but again he reverts to it in what came close to being a must win game.

We may as well keep our crap defence because I don’t know who’ll we’ll sign to replace them all.

There’s a nasty whiff around the whole club at the moment and whilst we can all complain about the owners it’s Martin alone that has de-assembled a respectable championship squad, brought in dud after dud, drained them of confidence and thrown them on the scrap heap. The talent that he has swept away is staggering and the way he insists on setting up a team and sending them out is a real low point in our modern history. The owners can’t really be blamed for bringing him in and giving him a shot but they can be held thoroughly accountable for not telling him to pack his bags, pronto.

We need to get rid and then we need to get lucky. We won’t get a manager who excites us because that would cost too much but were we all buzzing when Brendan Rodgers was appointed?

No we weren’t but we got lucky. We were certainly all buzzing after Brendan’s two seasons here.

Dr. Winston said:
Innit.

As you say, the starting defence/keeper last night contained at least two players hand picked by him at a cost of £2m. If he wanted Wood as well that's closer to £2.5m, and they were shambolic. How in the name of Zeus could it possibly be anybody's else's fault that we're so bad at the back?

FWIW I suspect all of them could at least do a job under a manager who remotely understands what he's trying to do (even Fisher), but he's making them look parks level. I don't know how many times a three at the back consisting of Wood, Cabango and Darling has been tried and rejected, but again he reverts to it in what came close to being a must win game.

Wanted him gone in the Autumn. Managed to assemble the most spineless team we have had. Not the worst, but the awful 80s, 90s and 00s teams had a bit more fight. He was been allowed to recruit (poorly) but managed to alienate players very quickly. I can't see how he can take us forward in any sense. Needs to be done this week. Plenty of managers/coaches out there who could at least plug the leaks and start to bale water out of the ship

WSMjack said:
Genuinely baffles me how people still think he’s the right man for the job.

The amount of fans arguing with other fans stating that either it’s not Martins fault we should be blaming the owners or playing the “you can’t name a better manager we could get” card is mind boggling.

The owners have no where to hide but January has come and gone. We got no one in.

Martin has to adapt, HE is responsible for how the team is set up. HE is responsible for how we work with and without the ball. HE is responsible for getting the most out of the players. HE is responsible for providing tactical solutions to the problems we face against 23 other teams. HE is responsible for creating a culture around the club and setting high standards. HE is responsible in managing his back room staff. HE is responsible for building and maintaining relationships between himself and the players.

What other manager would still be in a job in the form we are in. He’s had major fall outs with a number of first team players. Players actively refusing (in his words) to play.

As a manager your success is derived from the performance of those you manage. Your team (staff, coaches, players) perform well then you are performing well as a manager. They don’t then it is your job to manage it. He hasn’t. Simple as. No ifs or buts about it.

Yanks as I said don’t have a get out of jail card here they need to get out of our club - everyone knows that and there’s no debate there. But playing devils advocate if I’d given Martin money and he’s bought the likes of Fisher and Darling in with it I wouldn’t give him a penny either.

Finally, it’s not our job as fans to “name” another manager. That’s the ownership hierarchy’s job. Just cause someone can’t name a replacement doesn’t keep Martin in a job. It’s like if your mrs cheated on you every week but you can’t find a suitable replacement for her you may aswell just stay with her :lol:

Definition of insanity comes to mind.

Get the tw*t out now. If his idea of the Swansea way is to alienate our fans then well done Russ you’ve done your job. Never felt so disconnected to my club. You c*nt.

Fans are frightened . It’s not to accept when you’re wrong and it was wrong to employ him and to give him any funds whatsoever.
No manager has ever had the personal support Martin has had and that includes the likes of Harry G,who was doing his very best in trying times . This fella deserves nowt . To suggest he can make us a proper club puts him in a very special and dirty category.

I read he is a nice/good/honourable man. It’s very unsettling ,proven by what we are seeing

Professor said:
Wanted him gone in the Autumn. Managed to assemble the most spineless team we have had. Not the worst, but the awful 80s, 90s and 00s teams had a bit more fight. He was been allowed to recruit (poorly) but managed to alienate players very quickly. I can't see how he can take us forward in any sense. Needs to be done this week. Plenty of managers/coaches out there who could at least plug the leaks and start to bale water out of the ship

Bang on

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back