• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Huge NHS Negligence Claims

BrynCartwright

Mel Nurse
Reaction score
I nearly choked on my yoghurt with blueberries this morning when I read in yesterday's Evening Post that Swansea Bay University Health Board has payed out the quite incredible amount of £54,102,242 in 146 clinical negligence claims in the last 3 years!

...and even more gutwrenching...

£148.4 million was paid out by the Welsh NHS in claims in 2019.

Just imagine what the NHS could do with this cash...taxpayer's money after all.

At least some sort of public review should look into such massive wastage!

Any thoughts?

Yes, make it a condition of treatment that you can't sue for accidental human error. Then kill all the accident chasing scum no win no fee cunts. Most payments are made because it is cheaper than fighting it even if they win.

Change the system to no fault compensation as operated successfully in enlightened countries.

My wife spent much of her working life with damaged children in Swansea. She was a teacher of blind and visually impaired children many of whom had multiple disabilities. Because the system requires the family to sue for negligence in order to get the necessary funds to adequately care for their children they have little choice but to sue. Many of those children finally got a payout when they were in their teens despite the desperate need for the money from birth.

Because of the need to prove negligence a health practitioner gets hung out to dry whatever happened, genuine human error or negligence. Health boards are told not to admit failure or responsibility. Meanwhile lawyers get rich and people suffer as well as health professionals who made a genuine error.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back