• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

ICC Men's Cricket World Cup 2023 ...

sainthelens said:
Smacks of a team who just don't wanna be there.

Finishing below Holland, Bangladesh and Afghanistan is gonna sting, or you'd like to think it would...

Only India, Australia and Netherlands to beat after this one. Could still make an impression. 🫣

Netherlands won again today too. India v England tomorrow. On the evidence so far it could be over by dinner time.

exiledclaseboy said:
Netherlands won again today too. India v England tomorrow. On the evidence so far it could be over by dinner time.

It's all because of The Hundred apparently that England's ODI campaign has hit the buffers, players have forgotten how to build an innings 😳

Swanjaxs said:
It's all because of The Hundred apparently that England's ODI campaign has hit the buffers, players have forgotten how to build an innings 😳

I’ve heard that said but it’s too simplistic for me. The problem is that they’ve stuck with a proven but aging team. One which has been the best white ball team in the world for well over five years and you can’t blame them for that really but every era ends eventually and it turns out this this was a tournament too far for this team. Also, unlike in the run up to the last World Cup when the focus was firmly on the white ball team and winning that tournament, for the last few years the focus has been firmly on test cricket. Nothing wrong with that per se as it’s by far the best form of the game but we’ve never got the balance right between red and white ball. We haven’t played enough 50 over cricket and the obsession with The Hundred is at least partly to blame for that. As Saint pointed out earlier in the thread, our preparation for a 50 over World Cup in India was to play Ireland in the U.K. in early autumn. Daft mun. With hindsight, which is always great, this tournament was always a disaster waiting to happen.

exiledclaseboy said:
I’ve heard that said but it’s too simplistic for me. The problem is that they’ve stuck with a proven but aging team. One which has been the best white ball team in the world for well over five years and you can’t blame them for that really but every era ends eventually and it turns out this this was a tournament too far for this team. Also, unlike in the run up to the last World Cup when the focus was firmly on the white ball team and winning that tournament, for the last few years the focus has been firmly on test cricket. Nothing wrong with that per se as it’s by far the best form of the game but we’ve never got the balance right between red and white ball. We haven’t played enough 50 over cricket and the obsession with The Hundred is at least partly to blame for that. As Saint pointed out earlier in the thread, our preparation for a 50 over World Cup in India was to play Ireland in the U.K. in early autumn. Daft mun. With hindsight, which is always great, this tournament was always a disaster waiting to happen.

Going back 10 years or so the England ODI side wasn't much different from the Test side, Bazball has been a revelation at Test level and perhaps he should be given the ODI gig too?
Either way Mott must go and fresh blood brought in.
Matthew Maynard is looking for work apparently :lol:

Swanjaxs said:
Going back 10 years or so the England ODI side wasn't much different from the Test side, Bazball has been a revelation at Test level and perhaps he should be given the ODI gig too?
Either way Mott must go and fresh blood brought in.
Matthew Maynard is looking for work apparently :lol:

McCullum would be perfect for both jobs but I can’t see him wanting the white ball job too. He’d never get to go home. What they should do is try and prise Eoin Morgan out of the commentary box and into the coach’s job. Bloke’s a legend.

exiledclaseboy said:
McCullum would be perfect for both jobs but I can’t see him wanting the white ball job too. He’d never get to go home. What they should do is try and prise Eoin Morgan out of the commentary box and into the coach’s job. Bloke’s a legend.

No arguments from me Clasey on Morgan, a very good shout indeed 👍

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back