• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Is there just too much telly?

BrynCartwright

Mel Nurse
Reaction score
Every time somebody tells me "have you seen 'Whateveritis' ?" that tickled their fancy and is recommending it to me, my inner soul just shudders.

Back in the day of 4 or 5 terrestrial channels, with Sky Sports (and Movies) you knew where you were...

Now, with a multitude of Freeview and streaming channels, and an absolutely massive selection of quality TV to watch live or on catch up, it seems to be exponentially difficult to be abreast with the best entertainment..

Massive first world problem I know.

Is it an embarresment of riches, or a 'what the fk should I watch' issue?

I’m not a big TV watcher with one of the reasons being that I don’t have the patience to sit and search across multiple platforms and hundreds of choices.

I will find time for the key football and cricket events, and along with the odd documentary, that’s about it.

About 80% of what I watch on TV is sport. Football, cricket, tennis, racing. Most sports really. I haven’t got the patience with long form, prestige dramas in the main but they’re on here because the wife loves them all. I rarely take much notice. The last one I got really into was Stranger Things. Great that is.

I agree so much with this. I've said so much on my TV's drive about a series about the Troubles in NI, Ted Lasso, movies etc. but if I didn't watch them then, why watch them now?

Not got Sky , Netflicks or BT Sport or any of the all available subsrcription Channels to me .

Get by easily enough day to day with terrestial tele , Freeview gives me a few extra options .

ITV is going so heavy on ad breaks some programmes are unwatchable now with them .

Not appease everyones opinion but the BBC is still my go to outlet for viewing much of the time .
Some Radio 2 broadcasters are top notch too , Radio 1 has long passed me by .

Film 4 has some tidy stuff , watched some films on that channel all the way through to the end and then thought what the heck was that all about , but enjoyed that movie somehow .

Uncle Sam calls them movies , we call them films , wording just for the grammar police .

Most of my TV viewing these days is taken up with Bangbabes on Freeview.

I’m not a big TV watcher with one of the reasons being that I don’t have the patience to sit and search across multiple platforms and hundreds of choices.

I will find time for the key football and cricket events, and along with the odd documentary, that’s about it.
I'm much the same as you really, though music will always come before tv for me. Did you see the JLloyd Samuel documentary?

I'm much the same as you really, though music will always come before tv for me. Did you see the JLloyd Samuel documentary?
If I am home then there is normally music on in the background as an accompaniment to odd jobs. Then with a Friday or Saturday night drink, music will take precedence over TV or a film.

Not seen the JLS doc, I’d be reliant upon a recommendation and being told where to find it. Not heard of it until now.

Not got Sky , Netflicks or BT Sport or any of the all available subsrcription Channels to me .

Get by easily enough day to day with terrestial tele , Freeview gives me a few extra options .

ITV is going so heavy on ad breaks some programmes are unwatchable now with them .

Not appease everyones opinion but the BBC is still my go to outlet for viewing much of the time .
Some Radio 2 broadcasters are top notch too , Radio 1 has long passed me by .

Film 4 has some tidy stuff , watched some films on that channel all the way through to the end and then thought what the heck was that all about , but enjoyed that movie somehow .

Uncle Sam calls them movies , we call them films , wording just for the grammar police .
Very similar to me and Mrs Pegojack, we use Freeview (via satellite) for all the UK channels and we have about 30 terrestrial Spanish channels, most of which are shyte.
Apart from 24 hour news, there are one or two Spanish programmes which we watch religiously, one being the gameshow Pasapalabra, which is good for learning the language, and farcical comedy series 'La Que Se Avecina', which follows the outrageous adventures of a group of residents in a ficticious small apartment block in the suburbs of Madrid. Some lovely women in that one - who I watch to appreciate their comedic acting skills, you understand. *cough*

Last edited:
Very similar to me and Mrs Pegojack, we use Freeview (via satellite) for all the UK channels and we have about 30 terrestrial Spanish channels, most of which are shyte.
Apart from 24 hour news, there are one or two Spanish programmes which we watch religiously, one being the gameshow Pasapalabra, which is good for learning the language, and farcical comedy series 'Lo Que Se Avecina', which follows the outrageous adventures of a group of residents in a ficticious small apartment block in the suburbs of Madrid. Some lovely women in that one - who I watch to appreciate their comedic acting skills, you understand. *cough*

Have you got the Eldorado box set? 👀

If I am home then there is normally music on in the background as an accompaniment to odd jobs. Then with a Friday or Saturday night drink, music will take precedence over TV or a film.

Not seen the JLS doc, I’d be reliant upon a recommendation and being told where to find it. Not heard of it until now.
Saw it on ITV X , Basically leading a double life that i don't think his wife knew about , until he got killed in a car crash.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back