• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Is this kid going to be special? Rangers bid for Congreve rejected?

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
Scottish Premier League giants Rangers have reportedly had a loan bid for Swans youngster Cameron Congreve who is being tipped for a big season at the club. Congreve’s appearances were limited last season although he did start the final two games of the campaign against Nottingham Forest and QPR as...

Read more

To be fair, if true, it speaks volumes if a club of Rangers stature want him.

Risc said:

Definitely mate, it's a bit out of the blue I guess so may have been true.

Just hope Russ utilises him this season

A4Jack said:
Risc said:

Don't be silly people haven't purchased season tickets to watch players who haven't cost us a bean.

Risc said:
A4Jack said:

Don't be silly people haven't purchased season tickets to watch players who haven't cost us a bean.

I guess that applies moreso to people who haven't bought season tickets or any tickets in general either? :D

Our greatest successes have been from players who have cost us little or not a bean, in fact you could make a very good team out of it I'd imagine

A4Jack said:
Risc said:

I guess that applies moreso to people who haven't bought season tickets or any tickets in general either? :D

Our greatest successes have been from players who have cost us little or not a bean, in fact you could make a very good team out of it I'd imagine

Completely agree, we need these kids coming through, i was being sarcastic due to the discussion on match thread last night.

Risc said:
A4Jack said:

Completely agree, we need these kids coming through, i was being sarcastic due to the discussion on match thread last night.

I knew that, you're far too sensible for it not to have been sarcastic!

With Paterson, Ntcham, Piroe, Cooper, Cotterill that can play in that role, it must be very tempting to have left him go there on loan. maybe there's a fear he wont get games there? Or they wanted an option to buy?

Chief said:
With Paterson, Ntcham, Piroe, Cooper, Cotterill that can play in that role, it must be very tempting to have left him go there on loan. maybe there's a fear he wont get games there? Or they wanted an option to buy?

Could be perhaps that Martin fancied him as a genuine option but I'd forgotten about Cooper too, he deserves a chance.

Plenty of options at least

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsPeteO/status/1547170220283797505

A4Jack said:
Chief said:

Could be perhaps that Martin fancied him as a genuine option but I'd forgotten about Cooper too, he deserves a chance.

Ntcham for me is at his best controlling the middle of the park alongside a holding midfielder such as Grimes or Allen leaving him with the license to push forward when we have sustained possession and pressure on the opposition bench.

That gives us Paterson, Cooper, Cotterill, Piroe and Congreve to effectively battle it out for two attacking midfield spots behind Obafemi (with Piroe sometimes rotating into the main striking position when Obafemi needs a rest or picks up a knock) - at least if things stay like this squad wise we will have attacking options on the bench which was often a problem last season.

bakajack said:
A4Jack said:

Ntcham for me is at his best controlling the middle of the park alongside a holding midfielder such as Grimes or Allen leaving him with the license to push forward when we have sustained possession and pressure on the opposition bench.

That gives us Paterson, Cooper, Cotterill, Piroe and Congreve to effectively battle it out for two attacking midfield spots behind Obafemi (with Piroe sometimes rotating into the main striking position when Obafemi needs a rest or picks up a knock) - at least if things stay like this squad wise we will have attacking options on the bench which was often a problem last season.

Even if Congreve doesn't make it in the long run, I'd rather he be getting minutes on the pitch than someone who has no future here and no sell-on value. See Smith, Korey last season for a perfect example.

JackSomething said:
bakajack said:

Even if Congreve doesn't make it in the long run, I'd rather he be getting minutes on the pitch than someone who has no future here and no sell-on value. See Smith, Korey last season for a perfect example.

Seconded. As much as I like Fulton if he’s off, Williams/Congreve should have started yesterday.

Congrieve is going to star for us this season, bookmark it 😉

Risc said:
JackSomething said:

Seconded. As much as I like Fulton if he’s off, Williams/Congreve should have started yesterday.

There’s a picture they’ve put up in Twitter of him. If you cut his head off it genuinely could be Robbie. Stance and build. Uncanny.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back