• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Iwan Morgan

• Thread starter Risc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 18
  • Views: Views 3,436

Risc

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Another four today.

Ridiculous

This is his 4th.

https://twitter.com/NeathJack1/status/1652276602607108097?t=hPJH4BcxOC_TJXgY_G6qTg&s=19

Risc said:
Another four today.

Ridiculous

7 in his last 2 if I understand it correctly.
Surely one to be looking at putting out on loan next season, stepping up to the 1st team is probably a step too far just yet for him.

bakajack said:
7 in his last 2 if I understand it correctly.
Surely one to be looking at putting out on loan next season, stepping up to the 1st team is probably a step too far just yet for him.

He's only had a handful of u21s apps, which is a bit surprising even as a first year scholar but maybe with strikers you want them where they can keep banging them in.

jasper_T said:
He's only had a handful of u21s apps, which is a bit surprising even as a first year scholar but maybe with strikers you want them where they can keep banging them in.

Was more in response to those I can see on Twitter talking about putting him in the 1st team already

https://twitter.com/wales_watch/status/1661100976462352385?s=46&t=p94KZqA33SfSPKkithZEfA

Few rumours he turned down a contract here.

Risc said:
https://twitter.com/wales_watch/status/1661100976462352385?s=46&t=p94KZqA33SfSPKkithZEfA

Few rumours he turned down a contract here.

Maybe looking at lads like Biancheri going to Man Utd and wondering why he's not at Barcelona. He and Charlie Crew clear standouts in that group, which isn't lacking for decent young players (Dylan Lawlor and Freddie Issaka also very good tonight).

jasper_T said:
Maybe looking at lads like Biancheri going to Man Utd and wondering why he's not at Barcelona. He and Charlie Crew clear standouts in that group, which isn't lacking for decent young players (Dylan Lawlor and Freddie Issaka also very good tonight).

Yeah I’m not shocked by it, seemed strange we never had him tied down similar time to Ben Lloyd signed his.

Big shame if there’s any truth in it, but that’s where we are in the food chain I suppose.

Risc said:
Yeah I’m not shocked by it, seemed strange we never had him tied down similar time to Ben Lloyd signed his.

Big shame if there’s any truth in it, but that’s where we are in the food chain I suppose.

He couldn't be on a professional contract until he turned 17, which was in January this year. Scholarship still has another year to run, so it's not like he's on the verge of walking away without major compensation being discussed. Cardiff supposedly got half a million for Biancheri who was still an u16 and so not on full scholarship terms with them. Drag him onto the first team bus at the start of the season, give him some minutes off the bench, and a tribunal would surely start talking millions for any looming poachers.

Get a contract signed for him as soon as possible…. As said above. I’d have him in and around the first team to show him there’s a clear path to first team football for him… Ben Lloyd and him are going to be some talent going forward.

I sometimes think we're too slow to get very talented young players into the first team.
Read yesterday that Saka has played 134 Premier league games for Arsenal and 180 first team games in total at the age of 21.
Obviously he's an exceptional talent but we seem to think that players of his age are still young and just starting their first team careers.
If you're good enough you're old enough.

Magic_Michu said:
Get a contract signed for him as soon as possible…. As said above. I’d have him in and around the first team to show him there’s a clear path to first team football for him… Ben Lloyd and him are going to be some talent going forward.

Ben Lloyd and Iwan Morgan are two players we could build the team around in the next few seasons especially seeing the two goals that Morgan took yesterday in the Euro U21s

Perhaps our new manager after looking at him.
May dip him and out of the first team.
If you have talent you would surely looking at first team involvement whatever your age.

J_B said:
I sometimes think we're too slow to get very talented young players into the first team.
Read yesterday that Saka has played 134 Premier league games for Arsenal and 180 first team games in total at the age of 21.
Obviously he's an exceptional talent but we seem to think that players of his age are still young and just starting their first team careers.
If you're good enough you're old enough.

One thing I have liked about Martin was how he's used Congreve. I didn't think Cam was ready, and he clearly wasn't, but having these experiences to build on can be so beneficial to development. Even that game where he was subbed off early I think was well-handled. Cam went through a rough period after that, went away with Wales and seemed like nothing was working for him, but he got through it.

Generally though we've never shown enough faith or patience with our own youngsters. Cabango had to fight tooth and nail past loanees to get minutes under Cooper as a teenager. The rest of our graduates have all had to wait until they were 20/21/22 to get a look in. Roberts was nowhere in the PL until Carvalhal asked Alan Curtis if there was anyone at the club to come in for a cup tie so Naughton could have a rest. DJ was promised minutes under Clement "when we were safe" which didn't happen for whatever reason. We're not a fashionable enough academy to expect other clubs to do the first step into senior football for us, as we have too-often done for others.

Watts, Cotterill, Lloyd, Congreve, Thomas and Morgan all look to have talent enough to make fantastic careers for themselves if opportunities arise. It's as good a group as we've ever had for quantity of quality coming through. Lissah, Dabrowski and Jenkins have had good progress stalled with injuries. Abdulai and McFayden can't learn anything more at u21s level.

Taking a player off the way Martin did with Congrieve is clearly throwing a young player under the bus and should never be advocated. Just goes to show why some people shouldn't be involved in kids' football.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back