• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Iwan Morgan

Magic_Michu

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
30 min hat trick tonight!

Sell Piroe and just go Morgan & Thomas up front this season! 😂

Way I see it Josh Thomas is too good now for u21 football. He either has to go on loan or if MD deems him good enough part of the first team squad
Morgan is also getting to that point and might soon be too good for development squad football and will need a loan. It wouldn't surprise me if a L1 or L2 side does take a punt on him and I would totally endorse that

I do agree though that a front two of Thomas and Morgan with Cooper supporting from attacking midfield and flanked by Keys and another wingback sounds extremely appealing and I hope we might see that in a year or two.

Iwan Morgan still only 17 😯 … he just needs persuading to sign a contract

Big Cardiff City fan is young Iwan, was in the away end when we played the scum down here last season... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Magic_Michu said:
Iwan Morgan still only 17 😯 … he just needs persuading to sign a contract

Whats that saying? If they are good enough they are old enough?
Admittedly it is harder for teenagers to burst into first team football these days considering the pace and strength of the game compared to 10, 20 years ago but still. If he is banging in goals for fun for the u21s then its gonna benefit his development more to go to the likes of Newport County or a club with a similar football style to us and push for regular first team minutes.

Swanjaxs said:
Big Cardiff City fan is young Iwan, was in the away end when we played the scum down here last season... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't enjoy his time in their academy though. Their loss hopefully our gain in the next few years. Think he and his agent know they're in a great position to wait and see what happens rather than signing that first pro deal immediately at 17. He'll have seen Biancheri go to Man Utd and know he's the more effective player right now, so why not dream big? His scholarship runs another year so no need to lock himself into one pathway.

It's a step up to the u21s this season. From his brief apps earlier this year certainly looks up to it. The only question mark for me is how dependent he was on physical advantages in the u18s (even as a 15 year old was bigger, stronger, faster than most he came up against. Early developer for sure). Things will have evened out on that front when he enters u21s and then senior football. But his movement is good and he's a finisher. All the raw materials are already there.

jasper_T said:
Didn't enjoy his time in their academy though. Their loss hopefully our gain in the next few years. Think he and his agent know they're in a great position to wait and see what happens rather than signing that first pro deal immediately at 17. He'll have seen Biancheri go to Man Utd and know he's the more effective player right now, so why not dream big? His scholarship runs another year so no need to lock himself into one pathway.

It's a step up to the u21s this season. From his brief apps earlier this year certainly looks up to it. The only question mark for me is how dependent he was on physical advantages in the u18s (even as a 15 year old was bigger, stronger, faster than most he came up against. Early developer for sure). Things will have evened out on that front when he enters u21s and then senior football. But his movement is good and he's a finisher. All the raw materials are already there.

Brentford is what I'm hearing Jasp 👍

Tricky one can we develop both Josh Thomas and Iwan Morgan? If Ginnelly was fit then I don't think so but if Josh looks as if he is likely to become a first team regular then having Iwan as an option to open up stubborn defences by offering something different off the bench.
If Piroe goes leaving room for someone can we afford not to replace him with an experienced forward.
Players going out on loan great if they are used as the first choice but sitting on the bench? If he is good enough then happy for him to offer us options from the bench.

RichardO said:
Tricky one can we develop both Josh Thomas and Iwan Morgan? If Ginnelly was fit then I don't think so but if Josh looks as if he is likely to become a first team regular then having Iwan as an option to open up stubborn defences by offering something different off the bench.
If Piroe goes leaving room for someone can we afford not to replace him with an experienced forward.
Players going out on loan great if they are used as the first choice but sitting on the bench? If he is good enough then happy for him to offer us options from the bench.

An experienced forward like the one we just signed last week?

Think he’ll be off. Follow the academy manager maybe?

bakajack said:
An experienced forward like the one we just signed last week?

In addition to him if Piroe goes. Always like to have a strong bench with players who can change things.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back