• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jay Fulton.

Cooperman said:
Niigata Jack said:
Seems like Martin loves the bones of Smith though, he put him on yesterday and we were virtually down to 10 men he did nothing absolutely useless, he has to go.

Yesterday was about locking things down in the final fifteen mins so I don’t really have an issue with this, plus other options off the bench were non existent.

He did nothing though, give the ball away couldn't hold the ball up, Martin brought him on with 15/20mins left then put Joseph on in last minute, should have been t'other way round.

Cooperman said:
Niigata Jack said:
Seems like Martin loves the bones of Smith though, he put him on yesterday and we were virtually down to 10 men he did nothing absolutely useless, he has to go.

Yesterday was about locking things down in the final fifteen mins so I don’t really have an issue with this, plus other options off the bench were non existent.

He didn’t lock anything down though. Martin took Piroe off and put Smith on and played him where Piroe was playing. It was a nonsense. I hope to hell that ain’t next year’s plan.

Itchysphincter said:
Start again….

Not defensive midfielder - he’s an attacking midfielder with tackling ability and a good football brain. Skilful. Quick. Would improve most championship sides. Russel Martin needs to find a way to get him on to the pitch more often.

Never will Fulton ever be an attacking midfielder. His recent appearances have shown how negative he is. Always facing our own goal & passes safely & negatively all too often. I’d go as far as to say he is more negative than Grimes. I’d have him ahead of Smith in the pecking order for his tackling & feistiness. If anyone should get a chance in the middle or further forward it should be Downes.

EagleEye said:
Itchysphincter said:
Start again….

Not defensive midfielder - he’s an attacking midfielder with tackling ability and a good football brain. Skilful. Quick. Would improve most championship sides. Russel Martin needs to find a way to get him on to the pitch more often.

Never will Fulton ever be an attacking midfielder. His recent appearances have shown how negative he is. Always facing our own goal & passes safely & negatively all too often. I’d go as far as to say he is more negative than Grimes. I’d have him ahead of Smith in the pecking order for his tackling & feistiness. If anyone should get a chance in the middle or further forward it should be Downes.

We've been better with him in the side, Fults being there as allowed Grimes to move further forward, I disagree that Fulton is negative/plays negatively, playing to orders maybe, Fults looks to get the ball forward when the opportunity is there, he's a CM first and foremost, but can and has played adequately at both DM and AM positions, he's a decent player who knows SCFC as well as anyone.

Smith should never start before him, if Smith never put a Swans shirt on again it would be to soon for me, if Martin gives him a new contract this Summer it will be a shocking decision.

EagleEye said:
Itchysphincter said:
Start again….

Wrong.

Niigata Jack said:
EagleEye said:

We've been better with him in the side, Fults being there as allowed Grimes to move further forward, I disagree that Fulton is negative/plays negatively, playing to orders maybe, Fults looks to get the ball forward when the opportunity is there, he's a CM first and foremost, but can and has played adequately at both DM and AM positions, he's a decent player who knows SCFC as well as anyone.

Smith should never start before him, if Smith never put a Swans shirt on again it would be to soon for me, if Martin gives him a new contract this Summer it will be a shocking decision.

Certainly weren't better today with him in the side . Totally ineffective like he has been most of the time with us. If we are seriously looking improve as a team then there is no place for this guy in the team.

I do feel that today felt like a step back from him. He showed what he could do with that delightful chip over the top for Christie in the first half but was otherwise too interested in playing it safe rather than punching forward regularly like he had done in the two games previous to today.

cmajack said:
Niigata Jack said:

Certainly weren't better today with him in the side . Totally ineffective like he has been most of the time with us. If we are seriously looking improve as a team then there is no place for this guy in the team.

There were a few that were awful today, Fulton, Christie, Paterson, Wolfie, Oba's touch was like that of a baby Elephant, Grimes was slow/ponderous suffered a bad tackle though in fairness, all in all it was another bad day at the office, I nearly missed out Fisher, who worry's the life out of me.

Jay was far from the worst player on the pitch today, they were mostly all a bunch of mingebags. He's an easy target.

Neath_Jack said:
Jay was far from the worst player on the pitch today, they were mostly all a bunch of mingebags. He's an easy target.

I thought he should have stayed on. Ntcham for Paterson.

bakajack said:
I do feel that today felt like a step back from him. He showed what he could do with that delightful chip over the top for Christie in the first half but was otherwise too interested in playing it safe rather than punching forward regularly like he had done in the two games previous to today.

Yes, he was back to his norm today. There were many others below par, in fact most were

monmouth said:
Neath_Jack said:

Paterson was awful it has to be said, I like Wolfie, but he give some ball away today, plus he gets dispossessed far to easily.

monmouth said:
Neath_Jack said:

This. Paterson stunk the place out today.

Paterson didn’t have one of his best days today. We seemed frightened to take a pass out to Christie in the first half and very reluctant to play Oba in. It was obvious that Barnsleh would come out thinking that they could get something out of the second half.

Really really don’t get the Fulton thing.
How many seasons has he been here now, never ripped up trees on a consistent basis, guilty of giving away silly fouls and a yard short of pace.

Far from the worst player we’ve ever signed but this belief by some that he’s been hard done by is puzzling.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back