• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jay Fulton

Swansea93

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Think he deserves his own thread, 8 years at the club, absolutely knuckled down with 0 moaning and got his way back into the first 11 despite the club clearly desperate to get rid of him, brilliant professional example by Jay.

I've always thought of him being a great pro. Unfortunately quite a few believe he's not good enough. Russ was one but fair play to him he given him a shot and Jay has taken it.

Most underrated player in our team by far.

Solid as a rock and reliable. Can't fault him. Just wish we had utilised him more last season.

I have been a critic of his at times but to be fair to him I thought Jay was my MOTM tonight.
Broke up so much play and was always looking to get us on the front foot.
Cracking shot from him and we have seen it before, I would try to challenge him now to do that more often.

CurtessECarr said:
I've always thought of him being a great pro. Unfortunately quite a few believe he's not good enough. Russ was one but fair play to him he given him a shot and Jay has taken it.

This is what i don't get with Fulton. Why don't we see more of this type of shooting from him when he gets on the edge of the area. I'm sorry but 13 goals in 200 appearances is woefully short of where he should be with what he's capable of. Instead of playing ridiculous amount of 5 yard passes (mostly backwards) let's see more of what we saw tonight.

Needs to believe in himself more. Hopefully he'll push on now🤞🦢

Could the unthinkable happen and Jay be given another deal?

Assume it would be on reduced terms though which he may not fancy.

There were plenty on this here forum that wanted him gone because he lost us the play off final by getting himself sent off.

Neath_Jack said:
There were plenty on this here forum that wanted him gone because he lost us the play off final by getting himself sent off.
You are right. The way we played at Wembley we wouldn't have scored with 13 on the pitch. He's a solid pro and may have scored more goals if playing in a more attacking set up. Thankfully both Fulton and Grimes escaped a suspension for Sunday as we would be struggling without them.
He is still fairly young and generally stays fit as well.

Proper bump for Jay.

If Martin has any nous he'd give Jay the Busquets role.

Despite Jay excelling in the more advanced role (like the way he partnered with Andre in 2nd phase go fwd), his physical attributes and defensive mindset lends him perfectly to the Busquets role.

How the heck did Russell Martin get Jay so very very wrong. ?

Would never play another game for the Swans ?

Has much as like and appreciate Jay and lve often sung his praises, but to put him in same sentence as Busquets is a tad over top, even for me 😁

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back