• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jay Fulton

Niigata Jack said:
Has much as like and appreciate Jay and lve often sung his praises, but to put him in same sentence as Busquets is a tad over top, even for me 😁

C'mon Max, we all know you're far better than that.

Jay to play the Busquets role. 'Role' being the operative word.
(For the avoidance of doubt - it's not saying Jay is as good as Busquets, it's just saying Jay could well play the role that Busquets plays. Is all.)

Despite being a natural AM from his initial upbringing in the game, for me he has been morphing into the deeper role for yonks - he lacks the quick-fire instinct of a proper AM. Yet is a natural reader, with an excellent first touch and heads-up vision which lends itself perfectly to the DCM role right now.

Play Grimesy and one of Walshy or Ntcham in front. Simplz.

Premier League is on..............

Jak365 said:

(For the avoidance of doubt - it's not saying Jay is as good as Busquets, it's just saying Jay could well play the role that Busquets plays. Is all.)

Despite being a natural AM from his initial upbringing in the game, for me he has been morphing into the deeper role for yonks - he lacks the quick-fire instinct of a proper AM. Yet is a natural reader, with an excellent first touch and heads-up vision which lends itself perfectly to the DCM role right now.

Good post, I was being a little factious in my reply, Jay has done well, I've always liked and think he's got more to offer, at 27 his best years could be just ahead of him.

Jak365 said:

Where you are talking of putting Fulton is where I am convinced is Ntcham's best position. He is strong on the ball and has the quality to make a difference when he is given the license to push forward.

I want to see Walsh come back and show what he is all about, he is pretty much the forgotten man at the moment. I feel our best front lineup is Piroe flanked by two of Paterson, Cooper and Obafemi with Oko-Flex and Manning providing overlapping width in a 5-2-3 lineup.

Interesting.

There's no way ON could be entrusted with that Uber DCM fulcrum - far too je ne sais quoi, in so many ways. Too laissez faire, too languid, too not so-to-box. Too luxurious.

Ntcham can switch off. Entirely. A Total NO-NO in the dcm. EVER

I’ll say it again, but what a great example of how a professional footballer should get on with it, knowing he wasn’t wanted last season, but busted his balls to get back in the team with 0 moaning and 100% effort, take note Oba Winge Bag and 'Pato'

Swansea93 said:
I’ll say it again, but what a great example of how a professional footballer should get on with it, knowing he wasn’t wanted last season, but busted his balls to get back in the team with 0 moaning and 100% effort, take note Oba Winge Bag and 'Pato'

Absolutely
some modern footballers should have their agents brains removed

Swansea93 said:

Totally agree.
Big difference for me vs the trio. Jay has been here close to 10 years. He's made his home here and dug his heels in when RM tried to offload him.
The other 3 have been here no time in comparison and believe they would be better off elsewhere.
Of the three Whittaker IMO has been dealt with shoddily in comparison to the other two. Who have been given 2nd chances. I haven't seen Whittaker really given any chance.

Fulton has been a shining example since returning to the fold.
Well done Jay

Can Jay Fulton be rehabilitated?

All the praise he was getting last season (see above) under Martin and now his name is dogsh*t. He's looked next to useless this season, with him and Grimes together sucking the life out of us when paired together.

He's under contract until '26, so we need to get a tune out of him or hope someone takes him off our hands.

He came back from the dead under Martin, can he do the same under Williams?

Shame how he’s performed this season, I never put him down as a player who put very little effort in, but this season he’s shown no interest imo.

Shame how he’s performed this season, I never put him down as a player who put very little effort in, but this season he’s shown no interest imo.
Don't get me started on him, he's a complete and utter waste of space. Offers nothing protecting the defence , creates absolutely nothing and is even more anonymous in the final third. He's as slow as a snail. Have a look at the team sheets when we had our great run in at the back end of last season and it's his name that is missing from the starting line up in most games in that purple patch. And it's starting again this season, won the last two games ,and guess whose missing from the first 11? , yes that's right , carthorse Fulton. Even in the last two games when we have had the upper hand, the minute Joe Allen is replaced by Fulton ,the whole game changes, momentum is lost and we are on the back foot. A truly truly dreadful player.

I’d like to see Abdulai in there when he’s back that’s his proper position and he looked decent when he was getting games before his injury.

Can Jay Fulton be rehabilitated?

All the praise he was getting last season (see above) under Martin and now his name is dogsh*t. He's looked next to useless this season, with him and Grimes together sucking the life out of us when paired together.

He's under contract until '26, so we need to get a tune out of him or hope someone takes him off our hands.
😱😱😱😱😱

Sadly the Championship is getting more physical and quicker for JF. He would be a useful L1 player. He needs replacing along with Walsh for us to progress again.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back