• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Joe Allen - coaching?

Magic_Michu

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
Interesting to see that Joe Allen appeared to be helping out with a bit of coaching in the pre match warm up - his transition from playing to a coaching role already beginning?

I noticed in a few recent interviews other players have mentioned how inspirational Joe has been and how much they have learned from him.

He already seems to have transitioned from a player last year. We may laugh at Cardiff and Ramsey, but we did the same. Two terrible signings.
Totally agree. It was nothing more than a "keep the fans happy" signing. Pure headlines. It had nothing to do with actual football.

Totally agree. It was nothing more than a "keep the fans happy" signing. Pure headlines. It had nothing to do with actual football.
From a footballing perspective it was a terrible bit of transfer business, selling Flynn Downes and bringing back Joe Allen. Totally understand it from a financial aspect, and of course , a half fit Joe Allen is still ten times as good as Fulton.

I must be on my own in thinking bringing him back was a good thing. The experience and influence he will have on those around him I can only be a positive.

Glad he's involved in the coaching side of things.

There are not many players in the Championship that have the level of experience that Joe has. Be it how many games, the level of games he has played at or the clubs he has played for.

Some may see it as a waste of wages and a spot in the squad but I disagree, when he is fit he clearly brings our midfield up a level and I am sure he will be the first to admit that he hasn't been match fit as much as he would have wanted on his return to the club.

The fact that his name is one of the first ones on the lips of many players who talk about influence in the dressing room and on the training ground says a lot about him. If he transitions from player to coach then I have no doubts he will be successful in that regards.

There are not many players in the Championship that have the level of experience that Joe has. Be it how many games, the level of games he has played at or the clubs he has played for.

Some may see it as a waste of wages and a spot in the squad but I disagree, when he is fit he clearly brings our midfield up a level and I am sure he will be the first to admit that he hasn't been match fit as much as he would have wanted on his return to the club.

The fact that his name is one of the first ones on the lips of many players who talk about influence in the dressing room and on the training ground says a lot about him. If he transitions from player to coach then I have no doubts he will be successful in that regards.

But we can't keep saying "when he's fit....when he's fit....."

The point is he isn't and hasn't been for the vast majority of the time he's been back.

It was borderline reckless handing him another playing deal this summer, there was zero reason to do it. Coaching contract for sure, if he'd wanted it. But not playing.

But we can't keep saying "when he's fit....when he's fit....."

The point is he isn't and hasn't been for the vast majority of the time he's been back.

It was borderline reckless handing him another playing deal this summer, there was zero reason to do it. Coaching contract for sure, if he'd wanted it. But not playing.
People need to look through his current injury. The experience and link to the city that both Joe and Naughton bring to the squad is invaluable.

The sense of identity is vital, especially for the younger players in the squad and coming through.

People need to look through his current injury. The experience and link to the city that both Joe and Naughton bring to the squad is invaluable.

The sense of identity is vital, especially for the younger players in the squad and coming through.
I completely disagree.

We are not running a social club, we are running a professional football club. And we haven't got a pot to piss in.

We, quite literally, cannot afford to be handing out contracts for sentimental reasons.

I completely disagree.

We are not running a social club, we are running a professional football club. And we haven't got a pot to piss in.

We, quite literally, cannot afford to be handing out contracts for sentimental reasons.
I think you're over looking what his experience brings to the younger members of the squad.

I think he was a terrible signing compared to losing Flynn Downes but, anyway, he's here now so let's make the most of his experience and influence.

I'd like to see him sat high up in the South Stand reading the game from a global viewpoint and spotting gaps / opportunities/ weaknesses and relaying that back to Luke via radio.

I've always thought that football coaches have a limited view from the touchline.

I think most will agree that, considering Joe's injuries since he rejoined us, giving him another 12-month playing contract was a mistake. Moving on, though, a position on the coaching side of things is an absolute no-brainer and would make complete sense.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back