• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Joel Piroe

Richard

First Team Player
Reaction score
Russell Martin Didn’t Fancy Me At First – Former Swansea City Star Makes Admission

Piroe said on the Official Leeds United Podcast: “He took me in the office and we had a chat about it.

“He said in his mind the team how he knew it, most of the players he knew before, he knew how he would want to work with them but he didn’t know me.

“He said in the first meeting we had, I don’t really like your intensity and I want to bring in another striker.

“I am going to take number 9 off you and you can take another number. It doesn’t mean I don’t want to work with you, you can still show me but this is how I think at the moment and it is up to you to change my mind.”

Says much about RMs aptitude for man management, a conversation like that will only ever go one of two ways:

1. The player knuckles down and fights for his place and proves the manager wrong
2. The player has a hissyfit and falls out with the manager

Look at how many players were bombed out by RM during his time here and its fair to say that majority took option 2 once RM decided he didn't like them

He did fuk off to C*****f on a Thursday night on the pìss for his birthday without permission when he first joined mind.
Either way Martin is a massive self seeking egotist and what Piroe is saying rings true...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back