• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

John Lennon 80 Today

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 36
  • Views: Views 7,248
Darran said:
Giving my vintage Ray-Bans a run out today in celebration of John Lennons 80th birthday.
Peace. ☮️ #Lennon #gimmesometruth #JohnLennon #Lennon80

You look more Status Quo than John Lennon with that Denim shirt :D

Monty said:
Darran said:
Giving my vintage Ray-Bans a run out today in celebration of John Lennons 80th birthday.
Peace. ☮️ #Lennon #gimmesometruth #JohnLennon #Lennon80

You look more Status Quo than John Lennon with that Denim shirt :D

Don’t go saving that for your wank bank now Mont.

I am a Beatles fan and I also think McCartney didn't do too badly after they split; 'Band on the Run' is a classic album* in my book.
However, as much as I admired Lennon as a man, I thought most of his solo stuff was a bit shyte.

*By the way, a good pub quiz question - name the six celebs appearing on the front cover with the Wings band members, the one where they are posing as a gang of escaping convicts caught in a searchlight beam. No googling now.

Pegojack said:
I am a Beatles fan and I also think McCartney didn't do too badly after they split; 'Band on the Run' is a classic album* in my book.
However, as much as I admired Lennon as a man, I thought most of his solo stuff was a bit shyte.

*By the way, a good pub quiz question - name the six celebs appearing on the front cover with the Wings band members, the one where they are posing as a gang of escaping convicts caught in a searchlight beam. No googling now.

I think they both wrote some great solo stuff it’s just that some people try to be so fucking edgy.

Twats won’t agree but he talked a lot of sense about the world too.

https://twitter.com/bbcarchive/status/1314468138021396487?s=21

Wonder what he'd make of what's going on at the moment

Monty said:
Wonder what he'd make of what's going on at the moment

Great question that Mont.
I often think the same about Frank Zappa.

Attachments

• 7A61A5FC-6EFD-4168-9970-E1D8D51062F5.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 2,437
If you’re stuck for something to do this weekend here’s an idea.
No need to thank me. :lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoCWHGk6uY

Pegojack said:

The distinction I would make is that I think McCartney's shyte was worse than Lennon's shyte Mike, some of Macca's worst is just cringeworthy. "Wonderful Christmastime" must be the worst Christmas song of all time and has frequently driven me out of many a shop during the festive season.

karnataka said:
Pegojack said:

The distinction I would make is that I think McCartney's shyte was worse than Lennon's shyte Mike, some of Macca's worst is just cringeworthy. "Wonderful Christmastime" must be the worst Christmas song of all time and has frequently driven me out of many a shop during the festive season.

Couldn't argue with a word of that, Dave. That frog song comes to mind too.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back