• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

John Lennon

TheLoneRanger said:
I walked past the Dakota building with my wife a few years ago, and there were quite a few people (John Lennon lookalikes) outside.

We then strolled across to Central Park to visit Strawberry Fields, which is dedicated to the memory of John Lennon. I wanted to see the mosaic "Imagine" in the centre and spend a short while there.

I was absolutely stunned by the amount of visitors there, all ages and nationalities - all there to pay homage to John Lennon. There were musicians of all quality and style waiting in turn to play a Beatles or John Lennon song.

Anyway our "short while visit" turned into well over an hour, walking away feeling both happy and sad, and very, very hoarse from singing our heads off with a fantastic multi national "band." 😇

Mrs. Mute and I did the same when we were in New York three years ago. I took these photos at the time...

BB95-FF43-798-C-48-A1-BBD3-425-FC3-FEC27-B.jpg

F433-CEFC-2219-4-AED-8-A84-C6-B16231-D5-BB.jpg

A875936-D-E4-D1-4211-B1-B4-2775118-D0-A5-F.jpg

Muteswan said:
TheLoneRanger said:
I walked past the Dakota building with my wife a few years ago, and there were quite a few people (John Lennon lookalikes) outside.

We then strolled across to Central Park to visit Strawberry Fields, which is dedicated to the memory of John Lennon. I wanted to see the mosaic "Imagine" in the centre and spend a short while there.

I was absolutely stunned by the amount of visitors there, all ages and nationalities - all there to pay homage to John Lennon. There were musicians of all quality and style waiting in turn to play a Beatles or John Lennon song.

Anyway our "short while visit" turned into well over an hour, walking away feeling both happy and sad, and very, very hoarse from singing our heads off with a fantastic multi national "band." 😇

Mrs. Mute and I did the same when we were in New York three years ago. I took these photos at the time...

BB95-FF43-798-C-48-A1-BBD3-425-FC3-FEC27-B.jpg

F433-CEFC-2219-4-AED-8-A84-C6-B16231-D5-BB.jpg

A875936-D-E4-D1-4211-B1-B4-2775118-D0-A5-F.jpg

Nice. 🤘🏻

Been to the park twice and missed it both times. In my defence I was on a pushbike.

I went to a lecture/talk with Whispering Bob Harris a few years ago in Pontardawe Arts Centre,Bob said that the OGWT wanted to do an interview with Lennon in 1975 but under no circumstances would Lennon leave the States because he knew he wouldn’t get back in so Bob flew to New York to film the interview.
Bob said that after the interview and off camera Lennon kind of apologised for not being able to come to London for the interview because Richard Nixon and Elvis Presley were conspiring to get him kicked out of the States.

PSumbler said:
Darran said:
And the prick that shot him is still alive. 🤬

I was only half listening to the TV this morning as it was on in the background but I am sure I heard it referenced he has just completed his 11th appeal

Surely even in a mad country where almost half the population vote Trump someone must be capable of creating a rule that says there needs to be an stop somewhere to the number of appeals that one person can have
Parole requests not appeals. wiki says...
Chapman first became eligible for parole in 2000 after serving twenty years in prison. Under New York state law, he is required to have a parole hearing every two years from that year beyond. Since that time, a three-member board has denied Chapman parole eleven times.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back