• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jordan Hugill

Swansea93

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Seen his name mentioned a few times, with Norwich signing that Werder Bremen lad could leave the door open for Hugill to leave, obviously Martin has connections with Norwich also, would you take him here as our number 9?

Swansea93 said:
Seen his name mentioned a few times, with Norwich signing that Werder Bremen lad could leave the door open for Hugill to leave, obviously Martin has connections with Norwich also, would you take him here as our number 9?

Ive seen you mention him a few times :lol:

JackBaston said:
Swansea93 said:

Ive seen you mention him a few times :lol:

I might be hinting he’s joining ;) :lol:

Swansea93 said:
JackBaston said:
How the heck would you know that? :lol:

I have my people :cool:

You have better people than me then as Ive heard nothing but Thomas :lol:
Cant see anything on twitter either other than he was in isolation recently
Would be a big striker signing

JackBaston said:
Swansea93 said:
I have my people :cool:

Only joking mate I saw it mentioned on Twitter by someone asking Alan Nixon, he probably would be a decent signing here though, but I’m hoping for Henry but looks like he’s off to Celtic.

Swansea93 said:
JackBaston said:
Only joking mate I saw it mentioned on Twitter by someone asking Alan Nixon, he probably would be a decent signing here though, but I’m hoping for Henry but looks like he’s off to Celtic.

Yeah he'd cost 6m+, was told we held off due to uncertainty of Cooper wanting him but we were always hoping for around 3/4m mark
Then told after Martin we were still keeping tabs on him but if Celtic are willing to pay 6/7m we're gonna look elsewhere I assume, not heard of any other targets though

Few on about Hughill now saying he will be taking the 9 jersey.

Bit of an iffy one for me if I'm being honest. It shows Martin must have demanded a few players before he agreed to take job on, I'm almost certain Paterson and Downes were his, and Hughill and Laird would be.

edit- not saying that's a problem either, don't blame him in the slightest if he did. Hughill just a bit "meh".

Risc said:

Bit of an iffy one for me if I'm being honest. It shows Martin must have demanded a few players before he agreed to take job on, I'm almost certain Paterson and Downes were his, and Hughill and Laird would be.

edit- not saying that's a problem either, don't blame him in the slightest if he did. Hughill just a bit "meh".

Think I remember a few Norwich fans saying he was very underrated last season and scored goals when needed as sub. Was always backup to Pukki. Had a strong spell at QPR the season before.

Think they paid £5m for him so hoping it'll be a loan?

Got a bit of the Craig Beattie's about it :lol:

A4Jack said:
Risc said:

Think I remember a few Norwich fans saying he was very underrated last season and scored goals when needed as sub. Was always backup to Pukki. Had a strong spell at QPR the season before.

Just shy of £3m Norwich paid according to TransferMrkt, as you say though he did score 1 in every 3 for QPR but every time I've seen him I've thought he had zero workrate or movement.

Risc said:
A4Jack said:

Just shy of £3m Norwich paid according to TransferMrkt, as you say though he did score 1 in every 3 for QPR but every time I've seen him I've thought he had zero workrate or movement.

Must say he doesn't seem to fit into the idea of a flowing front line but QPR always seem to have a quick team and it worked there so who knows.

No point signing another striker unless they have some kind of record of scoring in competitive football. We've already added potential.

Hugill isn't prolific but has had seasons scoring 12/13 which would be decent. Might be the best we can get in that regard.

Martin is close to Stuart Webber so might have the inside track on a deal.

No media links to it at all though.

Any truth on this one, Laurence Shankland

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-transfer-news-new-21274320

Niigata Jack said:
Any truth on this one, Laurence Shankland

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-transfer-news-new-21274320

Aye he's going to Belgium :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back