• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jordon Garrick

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it me? Am I missing something?

If we were being told we were targeting a right wing back who scored 7/8 goals last season with the same number of assists from League One, we'd all be excited. Yet there's no sign of him being anywhere near the team.

Versatile, pace and can play on the wing too. It's baffling for me.

Another example of Martin not liking a player and won’t give them a fighting chance - see Ogbeta and Whittaker (and possibly Benda) as other examples

Pontyjack said:
Another example of Martin not liking a player and won’t give them a fighting chance - see Ogbeta and Whittaker (and possibly Benda) as other examples

One could make a very good argument that Ogbeta, Benda and Garrick should be playing. Two pacy wing backs and a goalkeeper with real potential.

It's a bit worrying all told

Ogbeta and Garrick should be where our future lies if we want to go with wingbacks in the long term.
Both are young, pacey and are not afraid to make things happen.

This is one area where I really do feel that RM has got things very much wrong.

I was under the impression Garrick didn’t play much at RWB for Plymouth and played more as a striker?

Swansea93 said:
I was under the impression Garrick didn’t play much at RWB for Plymouth and played more as a striker?

Correct, not a wing back. Don't understand the Ogbeta decision though

bakajack said:
Ogbeta and Garrick should be where our future lies if we want to go with wingbacks in the long term.
Both are young, pacey and are not afraid to make things happen.

This is one area where I really do feel that RM has got things very much wrong.

Neither played for MK Dons though, they were always going to be on a hiding to nothing under Russ, same goes for the best goalkeeper on our books, looking like he's going to have to leave to progress his career...

Manselton Jack said:
Swansea93 said:

Not directly but he's played there for us last season if I recall and you could barely call Ethan Laird a wing back in the traditional sense last season, more a winger with very little defensive responsibility.

He looks strong and quick so surely could be adapted.

Garrick is nowhere near good enough, even Plymouth fans don't want him back.

And Allen should never have sanctioned signing Ogbetta, Shrewsbury couldn't believe their luck, we even paid £300k!

Wasn’t Garrick bit part for Plymouth? He couldn’t nail a starting position in L1 week in week out what makes people think he should here?

Raynor94 said:

And Allen should never have sanctioned signing Ogbetta, Shrewsbury couldn't believe their luck, we even paid £300k!

Not sure how anyone can make a definitive judgement on Ogbeta seeing as he's barely featured. Also highly doubt that Shrewsbury 'couldn't believe their luck' given he was their Young Player of the Year the season before last and was being linked with plenty of clubs.

JackSomething said:
Raynor94 said:

Not sure how anyone can make a definitive judgement on Ogbeta seeing as he's barely featured. Also highly doubt that Shrewsbury 'couldn't believe their luck' given he was their Young Player of the Year the season before last and was being linked with plenty of clubs.

RM has made his mind up based on what he's seen. Whatever the outcome for Ogbeta, the honeymoon period for Martin is over and he now has to deliver. However based on what I have seen of pre season not much has changed.

JackSomething said:
Raynor94 said:

Well they didn't offer him a new contract, it was up this summer

A4Jack said:
Manselton Jack said:

Not directly but he's played there for us last season if I recall and you could barely call Ethan Laird a wing back in the traditional sense last season, more a winger with very little defensive responsibility.

He looks strong and quick so surely could be adapted.
He's definitely quick & as a winger I'm sure he'll have a career at League 1 or 2 level. I don't see him as a wing back in a Championship team from what I've seen of him though.
Saw him in the under 23's a few times as well as the odd appearance in the senior side & other than outright pace (which I admit we do lack) he didn't appear to have much else.

Raynor94 said:
JackSomething said:

Well they didn't offer him a new contract, it was up this summer

Was it that they didn't offer him a new contract, or he told them he had no intention of signing any offer they made him?

Either way, Cooperman is right. RM has made up his mind and obviously knows far more than us. His decision-making hasn't filled me with confidence so far but he still gets the benefit of the doubt for now.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back