• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Josh Ginnelly

Poor sod. A ruptured Achilles doesn’t sound good. Makes you wonder what long term impact it’ll have, but then the medical attention they get these days is top notch. Let’s hope he can fully recover.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Poor sod. A ruptured Achilles doesn’t sound good. Makes you wonder what long term impact it’ll have, but then the medical attention they get these days is top notch. Let’s hope he can fully recover.

The biggest plus for him right now is his age, younger players are far more likely to fully recover from a ruptured achilles.
Will still be a long, difficult and frustrating road for him. Hopefully the club gives him all the right support.

waynekerr55 said:
I wonder how he'd respond to questioning on the topic? No doubt he'd take the Uncle Albert "during the war" stance...

That's it have a go at the manager

"old school training" but these days there us a large sports science/medical team...so people are monitored....Gingerly is out due to an achieves injury resulting from being kicked to death by the Wednesday thugs....if anyone is to blame its the incompetent officials from last Saturday who allowed the Sheffield players to kick our players off the park literally

LeonWasTheDog's said:

I snapped my Achilles Tendon playing squash about 20 years ago. I had the operation the very next morning and the plaster came off after 6 weeks. After a lot of physio and stretching every day it got almost back to normal. He’s young and a lot fitter than I was, it will take time to get back to where he was but should have a full recovery.
I don’t think I’ll be fit enough for the Swans next season even after all this time. 😉

Muteswan said:
I snapped my Achilles Tendon playing squash about 20 years ago. I had the operation the very next morning and the plaster came off after 6 weeks. After a lot of physio and stretching every day it got almost back to normal. He’s young and a lot fitter than I was, it will take time to get back to where he was but should have a full recovery.
I don’t think I’ll be fit enough for the Swans next season even after all this time. 😉

My mate did his at a parkrun in 2016. Hasn't been right since, but I think they have been different injuries (all calf or hammy related). Worst thing is, he never recovered his speed.

Vetchonian said:
That's it have a go at the manager

"old school training" but these days there us a large sports science/medical team...so people are monitored....Gingerly is out due to an achieves injury resulting from being kicked to death by the Wednesday thugs....if anyone is to blame its the incompetent officials from last Saturday who allowed the Sheffield players to kick our players off the park literally

The manager is ultimately responsible for the regime. It's not even October and players are dropping left, right and centre with soft tissue injuries. It's a question to be asked and all this run players until they are sick went out with flares.

waynekerr55 said:
The manager is ultimately responsible for the regime. It's not even October and players are dropping left, right and centre with soft tissue injuries. It's a question to be asked and all this run players until they are sick went out with flares.

Do you know for a fact that Duff is running the players until they puke? Yes or no.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Do you know for a fact that Duff is running the players until they puke? Yes or no.

That's my point. It's a forum...

My point is soft tissue injuries are almost always linked to fatigue and over training. But never mind about that we just won 3 nil!

waynekerr55 said:
That's my point. It's a forum...

My point is soft tissue injuries are almost always linked to fatigue and over training. But never mind about that we just won 3 nil!

So you don't know then, yeah great win today, cool beans.

Achilles injuries are a buggar to heal... surprised if we see him again this season. Also think Allen and Walsh will struggle to return properly unless they both have surgery

Josh out for the season. Allen is having groin op could be back in 3 months. Walsh is back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66964423

It seems to be a theme at a lot of clubs this season. Quite a few Championship sides have five or six players on the treatment table too.

It does seem to be a general problem

"“They are human beings and if you look around the country at what other teams are doing there are loads and loads of soft tissue injures. And you have to look at what happens with the accumulative training and loading, so how much rest have they had, what training are they doing, how much are we loading them up?"

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-injuries-palmer-sheaf-27814049

Suspect the schedule change for the Winter World Cup hasn't helped, nor has the proliferation of other International games at all age levels. Seems like it's been a few years since there was an actual proper break in football.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
So you don't know then, yeah great win today, cool beans.

Yes I was a tad bit cynical. I do think it's a point of discussion

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back