• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Josh Thomas

• Thread starter Risc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 2,197

Risc

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Another one for u21s today.

Lad from Man City and McFayden getting the others with Rushesha featuring too. Get Thomas and McFayden in squad for Monday

Risc said:
Another one for u21s today.

Lad from Man City and McFayden getting the others with Rushesha featuring too. Get Thomas and McFayden in squad for Monday

Heard good things of McFayden, could naturally be Mannings replacement?

Josh is still working his way back up to fitness after injury, not started a game yet. Has been training with the first team group, though.

Swansea93 said:
Heard good things of McFayden, could naturally be Mannings replacement?

Everytime I’ve seen him play he looks like a more natural attacking wing back than Manning, despite the stats being posted on the latter this year.

What’s that Liam Smith been like? Only a handful of clips on YouTube I can find but he looks like a potential first teamer in the not so distant future.

Bit worrying to see our U16s and U18s get absolute rollocked by Cardiff however.

Risc said:
Bit worrying to see our U16s and U18s get absolute rollocked by Cardiff however.

Cardiff have decent sides these days. But the goals being conceded are the same as what we see with the seniors - one misplaced pass in our own half and the door is open wide. Replicating Martin's high risk low reward style with a group of youngsters hardly suited to it (Faakye is a not-particularly technical centre half, playing midfield), none of whom will make a breakthrough until Martin is likely long gone... doesn't make sense to me I'm afraid.

jasper_T said:
Cardiff have decent sides these days. But the goals being conceded are the same as what we see with the seniors - one misplaced pass in our own half and the door is open wide. Replicating Martin's high risk low reward style with a group of youngsters hardly suited to it (Faakye is a not-particularly technical centre half, playing midfield), none of whom will make a breakthrough until Martin is likely long gone... doesn't make sense to me I'm afraid.

https://twitter.com/swans_academy/status/1629563301427310592?s=20

Is everyone singing from the same Hymn Sheet? I'm not sure anymore.

The idea that one day players will stop making mistakes is a fantasy, unfortunately. Whether they work on it in the juniors or the first team, even the very best will misplace the occasional pass under pressure, and when a team lacks the structure to handle those moments then stupid goals will be conceded with regularity.

Possession football doesn't have to be that way. We didn't concede these goals under Potter, our defence from open play was among the best in the league (set pieces another story entirely). Yes, Rodon and van der Hoorn were leagues better than Cabango, Wood and Darling, but we didn't expose ourselves they way we do now despite messing around and backing ourselves to beat the press.

Man City go long when they need too so do Arsenal ... we commit football suicide at times

https://twitter.com/swans_academy/status/1630559693289541633

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back