• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Kick Off Times

Cooperman

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
I have to say that on the whole I have welcomed the varying and widespread kick off times and it's a shame that this won't continue. The late late Premier League game on a Sunday has been a particular favourite of mine as there is almost nothing else to do at this time of the weekend. This has proven that not all kick off times have to be 19:45 midweek and the normal weekend slots. My other observation is that I have watched considerably more Championship football than I normally would and this has also been an enjoyable experience.

Cooperman said:
I have to say that on the whole I have welcomed the varying and widespread kick off times and it's a shame that this won't continue. The late late Premier League game on a Sunday has been a particular favourite of mine as there is almost nothing else to do at this time of the weekend. This has proven that not all kick off times have to be 19:45 midweek and the normal weekend slots. My other observation is that I have watched considerably more Championship football than I normally would and this has also been an enjoyable experience.

Thanks for letting us know Coops. 👀

Darran said:
Cooperman said:

Aye fair play to Coops for expressing his opinion, and for trying to drum up interest in the new site 👍

Swanjaxs said:
Darran said:
Cooperman said:

Aye fair play to Coops for expressing his opinion, and for trying to drum up interest in the new site 👍

Exactly that’s why I thanked him.

I've enjoyed the earlier midweek kickoffs, having a 6pm and an 8pm game has been good. Obviously shit for anyone who actually wants to go and watch it live though so I hope it doesn't continue.

Not sure about the Millwall/Middlesbrough 3pm kick off on a Wednesday last week though.

Swanjaxs said:

Well said, SJ!

JackFish said:
I've enjoyed the earlier midweek kickoffs, having a 6pm and an 8pm game has been good. Obviously shit for anyone who actually wants to go and watch it live though so I hope it doesn't continue.

Not sure about the Millwall/Middlesbrough 3pm kick off on a Wednesday last week though.

I do tend to agree at the moment that kick off times are great and plenty of football to watch although the watching experience has varied massively as I often just have a match on in the background rather than attentively watching so the lack of real crowd noise impacts that quite heavily.

When crowds return I would like to see a happy mix. There is no reason why 3pm Saturday kick for example couldnt happen but as you said 3pm on a Wednesday afternoon just isn't right and wont carry on as wont 6pm midweek kick offs IMO

Cooperman said:

They can do it because there's no crowd.

A Sunday evening game would go down like a led balloon with a lot of fans. Same with a 5pm kick off midweek.

JackFish said:
Obviously shit for anyone who actually wants to go and watch it live though

That's why they are early because there's no crowd.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back