• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Kidderminster Harriers

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
https://harriers-online.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12615

Been asked if anyone can shed any light on the Swansea related questions and comments

Easily the worst game I saw at the vetch the 1-4 defeat by Kiddy followed by getting stuffed 5-0 by Derby

Seen some terrible ones since my first game in 1965, lost at home to Chester on boxing day 0-5 and also remember losing to Workington at the vetch 3-6 I think. But you are right Kidderminster was an awful one as well.

Didnt they dick us 4-0 one year with one of theirs totally ripping us a new one. Edit was a 4-0 home defeat and Melligan was the player in question

cmajack said:
Seen some terrible ones since my first game in 1965, lost at home to Chester on boxing day 0-5 and also remember losing to Workington at the vetch 3-6 I think. But you are right Kidderminster was an awful one as well.

I remember that 5-0 versus Chester, it was on Boxing Day and I was a schoolboy with my pockets stuffed with Quality Street from Christmas. I was full of optimism because we were on a bit of a run and were just outside the promotion places. I came away from the Vetch totally crushed.

Nothing changes, eh Russ?

Pegojack said:
I remember that 5-0 versus Chester, it was on Boxing Day and I was a schoolboy with my pockets stuffed with Quality Street from Christmas. I was full of optimism because we were on a bit of a run and were just outside the promotion places. I came away from the Vetch totally crushed.

Nothing changes, eh Russ?

Losing to Southend at the vetch when they scored with 8 men on the pitch was another dreadful one.

cmajack said:

Some high scoring games with Workington back then. Saw quite a few of those.

94878482-5-E25-4-B06-9-F34-196695-C6-CEAC.png

Blackpooljack said:
Didnt they dick us 4-0 one year with one of theirs totally ripping us a new one. Edit was a 4-0 home defeat and Melligan was the player in question

That was a terrible night, JJ Mell8gan was outstanding that night.
I remember

"You are very good, you are very good" being sung towards the Kiddie lot

And our lot had
"You're not fit to wear the shirt"

Now they were serious times.

Muteswan said:
Some high scoring games with Workington back then. Saw quite a few of those.

94878482-5-E25-4-B06-9-F34-196695-C6-CEAC.png

That 6 - 1 home defeat was my first ever game.

Blackpooljack said:
Bo Henrikson was the other one who was outstanding, Danish fella with long blonde hair. Had a standing ovation from the Swans fans when he came off.

Best food I ever had at the football. They fell out of the conference this season.
My folks live near Evesham so the away games there became somewhat of tradition. I for one am sad they have fallen out of sight.

The 1-4 defeat against Kiddy was one of our worst performances I saw at the vetch. Also the only time I ever sat in the west upper stand. Good view of the carnage.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back