• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Korey Smith

JackArmy14

Youth Team Apprentice
Reaction score
Martin needs to wake up and stop playing favourites with Smith.

I'd been critical of Naughton in the middle of a back three but then we don't have a centre back at present who can play that role so that's understandable.

However it takes the piss when you've got Whittaker and Walsh to choose as back up to Olivier or Pato but no lets go with someone who can't score to save his life.

Then of course there's putting Korey in Downes position. Korey is suppose to be a defensive midfielder but my god he doesn't seem to have the defensive skills that Downes or Fulton have.

He's a good little runner but I've rarely seen him put in a good tackle of late.

If Martin really doesn't fancy using Fulton, I'd rather see Naughton play in midfield with Grimes and try Downes in the sweeper role.

Either way please for the love of God stop selecting Korey Smith.

JackArmy14 said:

I'd been critical of Naughton in the middle of a back three but then we don't have a centre back at present who can play that role so that's understandable.

However it takes the piss when you've got Whittaker and Walsh to choose as back up to Olivier or Pato but no lets go with someone who can't score to save his life.

Then of course there's putting Korey in Downes position. Korey is suppose to be a defensive midfielder but my god he doesn't seem to have the defensive skills that Downes or Fulton have.

He's a good little runner but I've rarely seen him put in a good tackle of late.

If Martin really doesn't fancy using Fulton, I'd rather see Naughton play in midfield with Grimes and try Downes in the sweeper role.

Naughton has played the role Downes is made for. Smith is very slow and will not fit in come Xmas. Still need pace all over the pitch to play this way.

Agree. Smith offers very little going forward and is a passenger. Grimes, Flynn and Smith are too deep and too much wedded to the sideways - backwards - sideways - backwards moves,

Drives me crazy how we turn an offensive free kick or throw in into a backwards move to Hamer.

Korey Smith is not the problem. Instead the problem is the frequently aligned trio of Smith, Grimes and Downes. This is a significant factor in the high volume of passes in and around the DM / front of back four area.

Cooperman said:
Korey Smith is not the problem. Instead the problem is the frequently aligned trio of Smith, Grimes and Downes. This is a significant factor in the high volume of passes in and around the DM / front of back four area.

Totally agree with you, Korey Smith as a defensive midfielder is a decent option. The problem is that with Grimes and Downes (being asked to play the role he does) there are 3 of them that very much are all playing the same role. In my opinion Downes could become the box to box midfielder that we miss so much, but in his current role there is no creativity and even less goals with the 3 of them playing far too much tippy tappy sideways and backwards football . That's why Fulton is not really too much of an option because he's just more of what we already have in our midfield.

I like Smith, but at AM? No chance.

That’s it Grimes Downes and Smith all the same player, get a creative AM in January and we have a good option in Smith off the bench to replace Downes or Grimes in games, wether we can get that AM in January is another thing, is that Man City fella McAtee a AM? O Reilly and Twine look good players for MK Dons this season.

JackArmy14 said:

Is it favourites with Smith or with Grimes?
I'm seeing it as an interchangeable question, although Grimes can do no wrong in any managers eyes it seems.

Downes to be the starter of those 3 without doubt in my mind.

Bigger problem is at the back.
Williams. Too slow to catch Carroll.
Really looks like he thinks he's too good a player and a household name to be with us.
Passenger. IMHO, get rid soonest Don't need a Billy BigBollox in our squad

Naughton is never a CB. Don't play him in the middle. Bennett in the middle, Downes as the old type sweeper in front

Hamer.
Words fail me totally.
Thought him charging out to the halfway line at Boro and then trying to pass it blind rather than take the skin off the ball and give us time to reorganise was bad as he was going to get.
Oh how I was wrong.
Roll up Forest and he proves me wrong.
Far to many times this season he has dropped us in the sh1te with his laid back (read lackadaisical, couldn't give a flying fug attitude). Many errors leading to clear cut chances.
Surely Benda is the slightly better option. Or the best of the worst to put it a different way
Dorris (Dracula?) wasn't perfect but he was so much better than Hamer. Dai Teflon for all his faults was about 8 leagues higher than Hamer.
Surely we can find a keeper somewhere. Maybe Beaky was right in buying them by the artic load :D

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back