• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ben Hamer and Korey Smith leaving

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 19
  • Views: Views 1,928
TheLoneRanger said:
bakajack said:
Not surprised to see Hamer or Smith leaving in the summer.
Hamer was a good keeper for Cooper but isn't suited for the way that RM wants to play.
Smith is a willing worker but isn't suited to an attacking role and has Ntcham, Downes and Grimes ahead of him in the defensive roles.

This summer will be a huge one for the recruitment team to get right to avoid going backwards after an overall very strong recruitment last summer.

Hamer never played a match for Cooper.

Ah yes true my bad, for some reason I thought he played in games where Woodman had been unavailable.
Doesn't change my overall opinion on his unsuitability for the RM style of play though.

I would love to see Benda back as understudy to Fisher, I feel that he has higher potential than Fisher and just needs to learn better when to keep the ball and when to get rid rather than trying to do something clever with it.

bakajack said:
Doesn't change my overall opinion on his unsuitability for the RM style of play though.

Because he tries to act like an actual goalkeeper rather than a poor quality outfield player doing rush goalie?

monmouth said:
bakajack said:

Because he tries to act like an actual goalkeeper rather than a poor quality outfield player doing rush goalie?

Because his distribution and composure under pressure are weak which heavily hurts the way RM wants to play from the back. Our defensive issues are well documented this season there is no denying that, but at the same time a sweeper keeper is a huge part of how RM wants us to play.

bakajack said:
monmouth said:

Because his distribution and composure under pressure are weak which heavily hurts the way RM wants to play from the back. Our defensive issues are well documented this season there is no denying that, but at the same time a sweeper keeper is a huge part of how RM wants us to play.

RM wants to play like Citeh passing around at the back and in their own half, what he still can't get to grips with is the fact that the players he's got at his disposal are no where near the quality Pep as got at Citeh, Keeper included, he needs to find a system that best suits the players he's got and quickly cause he's gonna continue to struggle otherwise.

Niigata Jack said:
bakajack said:

RM wants to play like Citeh passing around at the back and in their own half, what he still can't get to grips with is the fact that the players he's got at his disposal are no where near the quality Pep as got at Citeh, Keeper included, he needs to find a system that best suits the players he's got and quickly cause he's gonna continue to struggle otherwise.

This

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back